Update Galaxy Nexus I9250 to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean with Rasbeanjelly ROM [How to Install]
By Vinod Yalburgi | November 28, 2012 8:27 PM EST
Galaxy Nexus I9250 users are in for a special treat, as the new Rasbeanjelly ROM brings a plethora of exciting Android 4.2 Jelly Bean features onboard. Some of the advanced Jelly Bean features include an impressive new interface, December missing date bug-fix and several other key customisation features. The other key features ported to the latest Jelly Bean firmware include: multi-user support, gesture typing, new quick settings option, lock-screen widget, new camera app, photo sphere, improved Google Now, new daydream feature, miracast display and more.
The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only. IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using the Android 4.2 firmware update. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- The Rasbeanjelly ROM and the instructions provided in this guide are compatible only with the international variant Galaxy Nexus I9250 model and will not work with any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Users are advised to backup their important data, apps and settings to avoid data loss while flashing the Rasbeanjelly ROM.
- Verify that your phone battery is at least 85 percent charged to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while installing the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update on your Nexus I9250.
- Ensure that the correct USB drivers are installed for your Galaxy Nexus phone on your computer (Download USB driver from here)
- Enable USB debugging mode by navigating to Settings > Applications > Development and check the USB debugging option.
- Make sure that your Galaxy Nexus I9250 is rooted with ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it before proceeding with the ROM installation procedure below.
- Download Rasbeanjelly 4.2 Jelly Bean ROM For Galaxy Nexus I9250
How to Update Galaxy Nexus I9250 to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean with Rasbeanjelly ROM
1. Connect your phone to the computer with original USB cable.
2. Copy the downloaded files to the root folder on your phone's SD card without extracting any files.
3. Unplug the USB cable from the computer and power off your phone.
4. Now, boot into Recovery mode through a button sequence. Press and hold Volume Up, Volume Down and the Power button, until the screen flashes. Then release all the buttons. NOTE: Use volume buttons to browse/navigate and Power button to select options in Recovery.
5. Take a Nandroid backup of your current ROM, so that you can restore it later if something goes wrong with the new ROM. To do a backup, Choose Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, hit Backup again. Return to main recovery menu once backup is done.
6. Now, do a full-data wipe task. To do so, choose wipe data/factory reset and then click Yes on next screen to confirm. Wait for a few minutes until the data wipe process completes.
7. Tap install zip from SDcard, then hit choose zip from sdcard. Now, browse to the rascarlo_maguro-ota-2012-11-26.zip file that you copied to your phone earlier in Step 2 and select it by tapping Power button. Confirm ROM installation by clicking Yes on next screen and wait until the package is completely installed.
8. Once the ROM is installed, return to the main recovery menu and click Reboot System Now to reboot the phone into the new Android 4.2 Jelly Bean ROM - Rasbeanjelly. The first boot may be time-consuming. So, leave it alone.
9. Restoring to Previous ROM: To return to your previous ROM, boot into recovery first, then choose Backup and Restore and then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
[Source: Android Jinn]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced