Hawaiian Airlines Makes First Call to Brisbane
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | November 28, 2012 5:56 PM EST
Hawaiian Airlines has made its first flight call to Brisbane, its second port of call in entire Australia.
Flying nonstop three times weekly between Honolulu and Brisbane, Hawaiian Airlines is the only carrier to operate direct flights to the Australian state.
"Last year, 189,000 Australians visited Hawaii - more than double the number who visited before we started flying to Australia in 2004," Mark Dunkerley, Hawaiian Airlines president and chief executive, said in a statement.
"We selected Brisbane as our second Australia gateway not only because of the high number of Queenslanders visiting Hawaii, but also because Brisbane Airport is perfectly positioned as a gateway for passengers from throughout Australia," he said.
Hawaiian Airlines leaves Brisbane at 6.35 p.m. on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays, arriving in Honolulu at 8:05 a.m. the same day.
Moreover, Hawaiian Airlines said it will operate additional 18 flights between March and May 2013. The scheme, the company said, will enable it to explore new timetabling options so as to give travellers the comfort to fly from the United States mainland to Brisbane via Honolulu.
Asked if additional Australian ports will be served very soon, Mr Dunkerley said no options are laid yet on the table, but "the airline is always on the lookout for new opportunities."
"For now, Brisbane is our number one focus," he said, noting Hawaiian Airline will be introducing a new Auckland service in March.
Brisbane is capital of Queensland and gateway to both the Great Barrier Reef and the Outback.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28