Hawaiian Airlines Makes First Call to Brisbane
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | November 28, 2012 5:56 PM EST
Hawaiian Airlines has made its first flight call to Brisbane, its second port of call in entire Australia.
Flying nonstop three times weekly between Honolulu and Brisbane, Hawaiian Airlines is the only carrier to operate direct flights to the Australian state.
"Last year, 189,000 Australians visited Hawaii - more than double the number who visited before we started flying to Australia in 2004," Mark Dunkerley, Hawaiian Airlines president and chief executive, said in a statement.
"We selected Brisbane as our second Australia gateway not only because of the high number of Queenslanders visiting Hawaii, but also because Brisbane Airport is perfectly positioned as a gateway for passengers from throughout Australia," he said.
Hawaiian Airlines leaves Brisbane at 6.35 p.m. on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays, arriving in Honolulu at 8:05 a.m. the same day.
Moreover, Hawaiian Airlines said it will operate additional 18 flights between March and May 2013. The scheme, the company said, will enable it to explore new timetabling options so as to give travellers the comfort to fly from the United States mainland to Brisbane via Honolulu.
Asked if additional Australian ports will be served very soon, Mr Dunkerley said no options are laid yet on the table, but "the airline is always on the lookout for new opportunities."
"For now, Brisbane is our number one focus," he said, noting Hawaiian Airline will be introducing a new Auckland service in March.
Brisbane is capital of Queensland and gateway to both the Great Barrier Reef and the Outback.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money