Hawaiian Airlines Makes First Call to Brisbane
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | November 28, 2012 5:56 PM EST
Hawaiian Airlines has made its first flight call to Brisbane, its second port of call in entire Australia.
Flying nonstop three times weekly between Honolulu and Brisbane, Hawaiian Airlines is the only carrier to operate direct flights to the Australian state.
"Last year, 189,000 Australians visited Hawaii - more than double the number who visited before we started flying to Australia in 2004," Mark Dunkerley, Hawaiian Airlines president and chief executive, said in a statement.
"We selected Brisbane as our second Australia gateway not only because of the high number of Queenslanders visiting Hawaii, but also because Brisbane Airport is perfectly positioned as a gateway for passengers from throughout Australia," he said.
Hawaiian Airlines leaves Brisbane at 6.35 p.m. on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays, arriving in Honolulu at 8:05 a.m. the same day.
Moreover, Hawaiian Airlines said it will operate additional 18 flights between March and May 2013. The scheme, the company said, will enable it to explore new timetabling options so as to give travellers the comfort to fly from the United States mainland to Brisbane via Honolulu.
Asked if additional Australian ports will be served very soon, Mr Dunkerley said no options are laid yet on the table, but "the airline is always on the lookout for new opportunities."
"For now, Brisbane is our number one focus," he said, noting Hawaiian Airline will be introducing a new Auckland service in March.
Brisbane is capital of Queensland and gateway to both the Great Barrier Reef and the Outback.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Mind Blown: Hello Kitty Is Not A Cat But A British Young Girl
- Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 Search Update: New Information Surfaces, Gives ‘Better Idea Of Where The Jet Was Positioned And Travelling'
- Brazilian Women-Only-Town Says No To Marriage, Baptism And Rules Made Up By Men
- Authorities Said That Battalions of Russian Soldiers Are Flooding Ukraine
- Knee Defender Causes Altercation On A Plane: Know About The Device
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0