Robert Pattinson Confirms Role for 'Fifty Shades of Grey'?
By Diadem Pambid | November 28, 2012 5:12 PM EST
Despite all the new books and films out in Hollywood, everyone is still hooked on the BDSM-themed novels that are "Fifty Shades of Grey."
In fact, celebrities are dead set on finding out who among Hollywood's hottest would be playing the lead roles of Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele. Well, "Twilight" hunk, Robert Pattinson claims to have snagged the role of Mr. Grey. How true are the rumors?
"Twilight" may be over and done but that doesn't mean the fandom of love between Isabella Swan and Edward Cullen won't live after the books. Take it from author E.L. James who had been inspired by Stephanie Meyer's "Twilight" who had created a Bella and Edward version of her own in "Fifty Shades of Grey."
There are no vampires and werewolves in "Fifty Shades of Grey" but a whole new wild fantasy of love and lust. Anastasia Steele is a lovely, college student who goes off to interview the young entrepreneur, Christian Grey but things get out of hand when the latter falls for the other. It's a whirlwind romance involving whips, chains and a red room of pain.
A lot of celebrities have been hooked on the novels and some have already expressed their desire to play the lead roles of Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey. "Vampire Diaries" Ian Somerhalder and "True Blood's" Alexander Skarsgard are two among the top bets for Christian Grey. On the other hand, "Pretty Little Liar's" Lucy Hale and "Harry Potter's" Emma Watson are the leading choices on fan polls to play Anastasia Steele.
Given the books were inspired by Edward Cullen, surprisingly, Robert Pattinson who plays Cullen has said to agree on playing the role of Grey. Despite earlier announcements of E.L. James that neither Pattinson nor Stewart would be playing the lead roles, Pattinson has denounced such statements.
In an interview with MSN, Robert was asked if he would like to play the role of Christian Grey to which he sarcastically replied.
"I am playing that part," answered Robert seriously before breaking into fits of laughter, adding, "I also wrote the book."
Well, that clears up some rumors. Pattinson won't be playing Christian Grey so fans who have been rooting for their own protégés can continue to do so.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Winds of Winter’ Fans' Speculation: Cersei Lannister As Regent
- Top 5 Best-Selling Young Adult Fiction Books For The Week Of Sept. 21, 2014 Including 'If I Stay' By Gayle Forman And ‘The Fault In Our Stars’ By John Green
- Pre-Order Booking Of ‘The Walking Dead’ Star Norman Reedus’ New Book ‘Thanks For All The Niceness’ Is On
- Next ‘Game of Thrones’ Book Releasing Soon
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Tyrion Lannister, Jorah Mormont & Arya Stark In Braavos
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet