Robert Pattinson Confirms Role for 'Fifty Shades of Grey'?
By Diadem Pambid | November 28, 2012 5:12 PM EST
Despite all the new books and films out in Hollywood, everyone is still hooked on the BDSM-themed novels that are "Fifty Shades of Grey."
In fact, celebrities are dead set on finding out who among Hollywood's hottest would be playing the lead roles of Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele. Well, "Twilight" hunk, Robert Pattinson claims to have snagged the role of Mr. Grey. How true are the rumors?
"Twilight" may be over and done but that doesn't mean the fandom of love between Isabella Swan and Edward Cullen won't live after the books. Take it from author E.L. James who had been inspired by Stephanie Meyer's "Twilight" who had created a Bella and Edward version of her own in "Fifty Shades of Grey."
There are no vampires and werewolves in "Fifty Shades of Grey" but a whole new wild fantasy of love and lust. Anastasia Steele is a lovely, college student who goes off to interview the young entrepreneur, Christian Grey but things get out of hand when the latter falls for the other. It's a whirlwind romance involving whips, chains and a red room of pain.
A lot of celebrities have been hooked on the novels and some have already expressed their desire to play the lead roles of Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey. "Vampire Diaries" Ian Somerhalder and "True Blood's" Alexander Skarsgard are two among the top bets for Christian Grey. On the other hand, "Pretty Little Liar's" Lucy Hale and "Harry Potter's" Emma Watson are the leading choices on fan polls to play Anastasia Steele.
Given the books were inspired by Edward Cullen, surprisingly, Robert Pattinson who plays Cullen has said to agree on playing the role of Grey. Despite earlier announcements of E.L. James that neither Pattinson nor Stewart would be playing the lead roles, Pattinson has denounced such statements.
In an interview with MSN, Robert was asked if he would like to play the role of Christian Grey to which he sarcastically replied.
"I am playing that part," answered Robert seriously before breaking into fits of laughter, adding, "I also wrote the book."
Well, that clears up some rumors. Pattinson won't be playing Christian Grey so fans who have been rooting for their own protégés can continue to do so.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan