'Two and a Half Men' Star Angus Jones Apologizes To Cast & Crew For Offensive Web Rant
By Maria Vultaggio | November 28, 2012 4:08 PM EST
“Two and a Half Men” star Angus Jones apologized for offending his castmates and crew on Tuesday, one day after getting sudden attention for telling viewers not to watch his show in a viral web rant, CNN reported.
Jones submitted an online video that begged people to stop watching his own show since it was “filth,” but he couldn’t leave the show because of his contract.
"I apologize if my remarks reflect me showing indifference to and disrespect of my colleagues and a lack of appreciation of the extraordinary opportunity of which I have been blessed," Jones said in a statement released by his publicist. "I never intended that."
The 19-year-old actor, who plays Jack Harper on the CBS sitcom, didn’t reveal what prompted his tirade.
"I have been the subject of much discussion, speculation and commentary over the past 24 hours. While I cannot address everything that has been said or right every misstatement or misunderstanding, there is one thing I want to make clear," he wrote.
"Without qualification, I am grateful to and have the highest regard and respect for all of the wonderful people on 'Two and Half Men' with whom I have worked and over the past 10 years who have become an extension of my family."
It’s uncertain how Jones’ comments with affect the show, but sources who are close to the production team of “Two and a Half Men” told CNN that Jones will not be appearing in the last two episodes of the show before they go on a holiday break.
The two scripts were written way before Jones’ diatribe went viral on Monday.
The actor, who has been on the show since 2003, when he was 10, made a video confession repeatedly asking viewers to not watch it:
"I'm on 'Two and a Half Men,' and I don't want to be on it," Jones said. "You cannot be a true God-fearing person and be on a television show like that. I know I can't. I'm not OK with what I'm learning, what the Bible says, and being on that television show. You go all or nothing."
Charlie Sheen, the former star of the show who was replaced by Ashton Kutcher in 2010 after having a public meltdown, also chimed in Tuesday.
"It is radically clear to me that the show is cursed," Sheen said in a statement released by his publicist.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Captain America 3’: Red Skull Returns, Greater Villains Added
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers
- ISIS Will Target the U.S. Power Grid, Former CIA Says; Could Tap Other Fellow Extremist Groups to Do the Job
- Jennifer Lawrence's Nude Photos Leaked on Find My iPhone, Apple 'Outraged' But Says Systems 'Not Breached'
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged