Casey Anthony Movie Will Premiere In January On Lifetime; Rob Lowe to Play Prosecutor
By Charles Poladian | November 28, 2012 2:45 PM EST
The Casey Anthony movie will premiere on Jan. 19 at 8 p.m. on Lifetime. Will the cable channel's next high-profile movie be another dud like “Liz & Dick?”
“Prosecuting Casey Anthony,” reports The Associated Press, is based on Jeff Ashton's book “Imperfect Justice.” Ashton was the unsuccessful Florida prosecutor in the Anthony case.
“Prosecuting Casey Anthony” will definitely stir up the passions of many who felt Anthony was guilty, while she will have her fair share of supporters. According to AP, the Lifetime movie will be told from Ashton's point of view.
Rob Lowe, of film, “West Wing” and “Parks and Recreation” fame, will play Ashton. Oscar Nunez, from “The Office,” will play the defense lawyer Jose Baez and Elizabeth Mitchell will play lead prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick. Lowe has starred in many Lifetime movies including 2012's “Drew Peterson: Untouchable.” Lowe played Peterson, who was charged with the the murder of his third wife.
“Prosecuting Casey Anthony” will focus on the investigation and the trial while Anthony will only play a small role, notes AP.
Casey Anthony was charged with the murder of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee. Caylee Anthony was missing for weeks before her grandmother, Cindy Anthony, called 911 and reported the child was missing, reports Reuters. Casey Anthony gave different accounts as to where her daughter was but eventually said she had not seen Caylee for several weeks. Caylee's remains were found near the Anthony home on December 2008. Casey Anthony was charged with first-degree murder and the 2011 trial became the focal point of media scrutiny with many believing the 22-year-old mother was guilty.
The final verdict was contrary to public opinion; Casey Anthony was found not guilty on first-degree murder, manslaughter and aggravated child abuse, reports Orlando Sentinel. Anthony was found guilty of lying to police officers, a misdemeanor. She did not serve any time for that conviction, being released from prison on July 17, 2011, for time served, reports CNN.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money