Australian Stock Market Report – Midday 11/28/2012
By Juliette Saly, CommSec Market Analyst | November 28, 2012 1:56 PM EST
The local share market has followed Wall Street into the red in the early session. Sellers moved in on blue chip stocks in late trade in New York as talks between the Republicans and Democrats over the "Fiscal Cliff" issue stalled.
At lunchtime in the East, the All Ordinaries Index is down 21.5pts or 0.5pct to 4451.9.
Poker machine maker Aristocrat Leisure (ALL) has reported its full year profit more than doubled to $45.5 million, a rise of 129pct. The result is for just nine months as ALL has changed its reporting dates. The company says it expects further growth as it releases new gaming products. Despite an initial spike on open, ALL shares are in the red at lunchtime, down 0.7pct to $2.84.
Discount retailer JB Hi-Fi (JBH) has announced plans to expand into the white goods market. The retailer says four of its stores in Queensland will trial home appliance sales, with two more to follow next year. Investors don't seem that impressed by the move, with JBH down 6pct to $10.04. The loss marks a bit of a setback for the share price, which has been recovering slowly after hitting a 52-week low in late June of $7.83.
Telstra is one of the best performing stocks on the ASX200 today, up 0.5pct to $4.31.
The Australian dollar is worth US104.4c, £0.652 and €80.75c.
[Kick off your trading day with our newsletter]
More from IBT Markets:
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Subscribe to get this delivered to your inbox daily
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS