Shares of Renesas Grow Owing to the Approval of a Bailout
By Industry Leaders Magazine | November 28, 2012 11:49 AM EST
Japan's Renesas Electronics Corp. saw a marked growth in its shares following an authorization of a bailout worth approximately $2.4 billion which is led by the Government. The shares of Renesas, a chip making company of Japan, rose above 6 percent after the finalization of the $2.4 billion bailout.
According to the reports released on the 26th of November, there has been a remarkable jump of Renesas shares as the government and three of its major shareholders made a final deal regarding the issue of the bailout of the beset chipmaker. This bailout will enable the market shares of Renesas Electronics Corp. to remain afloat for at least the coming few years. Some analysts are however of the opinion that Renesas Electronics Corp. would still have to face multiple challenges that might also include a complete restructuring of its chip division that is making a loss for the company.
The present status
According to the reports, the finances that are supported by the government will procure as much as two thirds of the shares of Renesas for as much as 180 billion yen or $2.2 billion, the company that is struggling to some extent with some of its chief clients like Nissan Motor Co. and Toyota Motor Corp. providing another major part amounting to almost 20 billion yen. Renesas Electronics Corp. mainly deals with the supply of chips for the cars and was built mainly around its struggling unit of chips with Mitsubishi Electric Corp., Hitachi Ltd and the NEC Corp. being its major shareholders. The jump of Renesas shares was nearly about 6.2 percent thereby reaching 307 yen in the early trade on the 26th of November. This jump of Renesas shares is in comparison to the Nikkei benchmark that showed a rise of roughly 1.2 percent.
The shift in production:
In spite of the jump of Renesas shares the company has forecasted a loss of as much as 150 billion yen till the month of March for this year. The main competitors of Renesas Electronics Corp. include Freescale Semiconductor Inc., a company centered in the US and Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. Even though the finalization of this deal brought about some hope for the shares of Renesas, the company in the earlier part of this year had to shut down few of the unprofitable plans along with the cutting down of as many as 5000 jobs. As a measure of bringing about a rise in the shares of Renesas, the company has decided on moving away from the production of chips that are used in computers, televisions and mobile phones. The company aims at concentrating on the development of microcontroller chips that are much more advanced. The company is the leading producer of microcontroller chips that serve as the working brain for most of the electronic goods and automobiles.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- South Australia OKs $800M Copper, Gold & Iron Ore Mine on Prime Agri Land in Yorke Peninsula
- Australian Stock Market Report –Midday July 30, 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Long Beach Real Estate Market Is Pricing Out Home Buyers with Limited Budget
- Australian Stock Market Report –Afternoon July 30, 2014
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers