Does Oprah Winfrey Have Breast Cancer? No, But A Scare
By Maria Vultaggio | November 28, 2012 9:56 AM EST
When Oprah Winfrey showed up looking haggard to a conference in Los Angeles for her “O” magazine, she revealed that she had had a breast cancer scare the week before, the New York Times reported.
The media star assured her devoted followers that it was a false alarm, but it was enough to frighten her.
According to researchers, women who have never had children are more likely to get breast cancer.
The revelation not only shocked the audience, but Winfrey’s lifelong best friend Gayle King looked visibly upset, the NYT noted. One of the women in the audience scolded Winfrey, 58, for not informing her best friend about the scare before announcing it at a conference with 5,000 other people.
Winfrey also spoke candidly about her OWN company losing money.
Winfrey ended her famous talk show 18 months ago, and the rest of her offerings have been in decline ever since the demise of “The Oprah Winfrey Show” she hosted for 25 years.
During an interview after the conference, Winfrey discussed the future of “O” magazine, which has lost a substantial amount of revenue since the end of her show. She said “holding the magazine in my hand” meant a lot to her, but she has to face the facts.
The magazine as seen nearly a 25 percent slump in its advertising sales, from $48.8 million to $34.2 million.
Oprah admitted: “Obviously, the show was helping in ways that you know I hadn't accounted for. I'm not interested, you know, in bleeding money.”
“Ultimately, you have to make money because you are a business. I let other people worry about that.”
“I worry about the message. I am always, always, always about holding true to the vision and the message, and when you are true to that, then people respond.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Captain America 3’: Red Skull Returns, Greater Villains Added
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display