Scarlett Johansson Does The Weather On 'Today' [VIDEO]
By Charles Poladian | November 28, 2012 9:25 AM EST
Scarlett Johansson's latest role is not in a Hollywood blockbuster but on television, reading the weather report. Johansson eagerly read the weather on Tuesday's “Today” show.
Johansson was on “Today” to plug her latest movie, “Hitchcock.” In the movie Johansson plays Janet Leigh, star of “Psycho,” while Sir Anthony Hopkins plays director Alfred Hitchcock. Fate had other plans as Al Roker had laryngitis and could not read the weather as he has been doing for more than 30 years.
While Johansson was wrapping up her “Today” segment, the question was asked who could step up in Roker's place and read the weather. Johansson quickly obliged and raised her hand saying, “I have plenty of experience with weather.” She went on to say, “This is my dream come true, to do the weather with Al Roker. I can't believe it.”
When it came time to do the weather, Roker shielded Johansson from the rain with an umbrella. While Johansson may not have been the best weatherperson of all time, she was enthusiastic about the role. She did not point to any location properly, sweeping her hand over California when saying New Orleans, for example, but she did debut a promising trademark phrase and signoff. She closed with, “Here's what's happening in your neck of the woods,” followed by a kick, jazz hands and a smile.
Chances are Johansson will continue to star in movies such as “The Avengers 2” instead of becoming a weatherperson but on Tuesday, Johansson did live out one of her dreams. You can view Scarlet Johansson reading the weather on “Today” below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics