‘Two And A Half Men’ Star Angus T. Jones Off Screen After Urging People To ‘Stop Watching’ His Sitcom [VIDEO]
By Tom Herrmann | November 28, 2012 7:53 AM EST
The boy who played Jake, the half in “Two and a Half Men,” has grown up and grown out of the sitcom that he now calls “filth.” Actor Angus T. Jones has acted on the CBS comedy since 2003, but will not be featured in the next two episodes after telling viewers to stop watching it.
Though Jones’ character will not be appearing in the coming episodes, he has not been fired from the show and isn’t quitting, reports the New York Daily News. The 19-year-old actor’s surprising statements came in an interview with Forerunner Chronicles, a religious website.
"If you watch 'Two and a Half Men,' please stop watching 'Two and a Half Men,'" Jones says approximately 7:45 minutes into the video. "I'm on 'Two and a Half Men,' and I don't want to be on it. Please stop watching it, please stop filling your head with filth,"
The Christian website refers to the video as “The Testimony of the Awakening of [a] star."
“People say it’s just entertainment,” Jones said. "Do some research on the effects of television and your brain, and I promise you, you'll have a decision to make when it comes to television, especially with what you watch on television. It's bad news."
Jones’ startling statement comes about a year-and-a-half after the imfamous Charlie Sheen meltdown where the former series frontman viciously attacked the show and creator Chuck Lorre. After Sheen’s outburst, the series ended production early, killed off his character and replaced him with Ashton Kutcher.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- New Couple Alert: Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder; 'The Vampire Diaries' Actress 'Hooking Up' With Co-Star Chris Wood—Report
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Finals/ Finale Results: Find Out Who Could Be The Winner—Predictions Based on iTunes Chart Rankings
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 Winner Revealed: Celebs And Eliminated Contestants React Plus Who Will Mentor In Season 8
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- 'The Flash' Season 1, Episode 10 Spoilers: Dr Wells Connection To Reverse Flash, Firestorm Focus, and 'Prison Break' Actors As Villains In Next New Episode