Will Microsoft and Amazon Launch Smartphones in 2013?
November 28, 2012 7:09 AM EST
The lucrative market appears to be drawing interest from both Microsoft ( operations to include smartphones.
Catalysts are critical to discovering winning stocks. and phones along with the software that powers them.” The computer software manufacturer has already begun producing Microsoft-made hardware with the launch of its Surface Tablet.
and HTC,” he said. “Whether we had a plan to do something different or we didn’t have a plan I wouldn’t comment in any dimension.”
As for Amazon, retailer is set to “launch a smartphone based on QCOM 8960 Pro (better processor than Samsung uses in its LTE Galaxy S3) at below $300 in June 2013.”
CHEAT SHEET Analysis: Is This an Industry Trend?
One of the core components of our CHEAT SHEET Investing Framework explains that companies riding macro trends tend to outperform those that don’t. Think of the investing proverb, “A rising tide raises all boats.” In this case, the trend is obvious; smartphone sales are on the rise and PC sales are on the decline. Yang predicts that smartphone sales will rise to 738 million units this year, up from 481 million last year.
Copyright Wall St Cheat Street All rights reserved.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown