Will Microsoft and Amazon Launch Smartphones in 2013?
November 28, 2012 7:09 AM EST
The lucrative market appears to be drawing interest from both Microsoft ( operations to include smartphones.
Catalysts are critical to discovering winning stocks. and phones along with the software that powers them.” The computer software manufacturer has already begun producing Microsoft-made hardware with the launch of its Surface Tablet.
and HTC,” he said. “Whether we had a plan to do something different or we didn’t have a plan I wouldn’t comment in any dimension.”
As for Amazon, retailer is set to “launch a smartphone based on QCOM 8960 Pro (better processor than Samsung uses in its LTE Galaxy S3) at below $300 in June 2013.”
CHEAT SHEET Analysis: Is This an Industry Trend?
One of the core components of our CHEAT SHEET Investing Framework explains that companies riding macro trends tend to outperform those that don’t. Think of the investing proverb, “A rising tide raises all boats.” In this case, the trend is obvious; smartphone sales are on the rise and PC sales are on the decline. Yang predicts that smartphone sales will rise to 738 million units this year, up from 481 million last year.
Copyright Wall St Cheat Street All rights reserved.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- New Zealand Economy Benefits From Australia's Big Investments; Kiwi Down After RNBZ Comments
- ETF Outlook for Thursday, January 2 (FEZ, FXI, SPY, XHB)
- January Second Trading: Always Interesting
- 13 Things Investors Learned In 2013 - Part II
- Are Diversity and Quality the Way to Profit from the Rebound in Gold and Coal?
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2