Will Microsoft and Amazon Launch Smartphones in 2013?
November 28, 2012 7:09 AM EST
The lucrative market appears to be drawing interest from both Microsoft ( operations to include smartphones.
Catalysts are critical to discovering winning stocks. and phones along with the software that powers them.” The computer software manufacturer has already begun producing Microsoft-made hardware with the launch of its Surface Tablet.
and HTC,” he said. “Whether we had a plan to do something different or we didn’t have a plan I wouldn’t comment in any dimension.”
As for Amazon, retailer is set to “launch a smartphone based on QCOM 8960 Pro (better processor than Samsung uses in its LTE Galaxy S3) at below $300 in June 2013.”
CHEAT SHEET Analysis: Is This an Industry Trend?
One of the core components of our CHEAT SHEET Investing Framework explains that companies riding macro trends tend to outperform those that don’t. Think of the investing proverb, “A rising tide raises all boats.” In this case, the trend is obvious; smartphone sales are on the rise and PC sales are on the decline. Yang predicts that smartphone sales will rise to 738 million units this year, up from 481 million last year.
Copyright Wall St Cheat Street All rights reserved.
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected