The Unstoppable iPhone: These Strikes and Supply Shortcomings Are No Match
By Mark Knapp | November 28, 2012 2:37 AM EST
Apple’s ( in customer hands in a timely manner. The two sides to this matter: how long can customers wait, and how fast can manufacturers work?
If you asked a friends who wanted an iPhone 5, it’s likely he was getting impatient from the moment it was announced. If you went to the Foxconn factories producing the iPhone 5, you would see workers hustling to put out the product — the day.
Our 20-page proprietary analysis of Apple’s stock is ready. Click here and to get your Cheat Sheet report now!
In August, a group of less than a hundred factory workers were expected to produce 3,000 iPhones per day, and after the iPhone 5 was announced, that number jumped up to 6,500 per day. This quantity increase came alongside increased quality demands that contributed to the strike.
Also cited for the slow shipping is the, and Sharp Corp. unable to supply adequate screens before the phone’s debut.
Despite setbacks, shipment times for the new iPhone are on the decline, with consumers expected to be able to purchase iPhones in-store without a wait. This news should bring holiday cheer to iPhone fans.
Copyright Wall St Cheat Street All rights reserved.
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- New Zealand Economy Benefits From Australia's Big Investments; Kiwi Down After RNBZ Comments
- ETF Outlook for Thursday, January 2 (FEZ, FXI, SPY, XHB)
- January Second Trading: Always Interesting
- 13 Things Investors Learned In 2013 - Part II
- Are Diversity and Quality the Way to Profit from the Rebound in Gold and Coal?
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'