The Unstoppable iPhone: These Strikes and Supply Shortcomings Are No Match
By Mark Knapp | November 28, 2012 2:37 AM EST
Apple’s ( in customer hands in a timely manner. The two sides to this matter: how long can customers wait, and how fast can manufacturers work?
If you asked a friends who wanted an iPhone 5, it’s likely he was getting impatient from the moment it was announced. If you went to the Foxconn factories producing the iPhone 5, you would see workers hustling to put out the product — the day.
Our 20-page proprietary analysis of Apple’s stock is ready. Click here and to get your Cheat Sheet report now!
In August, a group of less than a hundred factory workers were expected to produce 3,000 iPhones per day, and after the iPhone 5 was announced, that number jumped up to 6,500 per day. This quantity increase came alongside increased quality demands that contributed to the strike.
Also cited for the slow shipping is the, and Sharp Corp. unable to supply adequate screens before the phone’s debut.
Despite setbacks, shipment times for the new iPhone are on the decline, with consumers expected to be able to purchase iPhones in-store without a wait. This news should bring holiday cheer to iPhone fans.
Copyright Wall St Cheat Street All rights reserved.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports