The Unstoppable iPhone: These Strikes and Supply Shortcomings Are No Match
By Mark Knapp | November 28, 2012 2:37 AM EST
Apple’s ( in customer hands in a timely manner. The two sides to this matter: how long can customers wait, and how fast can manufacturers work?
If you asked a friends who wanted an iPhone 5, it’s likely he was getting impatient from the moment it was announced. If you went to the Foxconn factories producing the iPhone 5, you would see workers hustling to put out the product — the day.
Our 20-page proprietary analysis of Apple’s stock is ready. Click here and to get your Cheat Sheet report now!
In August, a group of less than a hundred factory workers were expected to produce 3,000 iPhones per day, and after the iPhone 5 was announced, that number jumped up to 6,500 per day. This quantity increase came alongside increased quality demands that contributed to the strike.
Also cited for the slow shipping is the, and Sharp Corp. unable to supply adequate screens before the phone’s debut.
Despite setbacks, shipment times for the new iPhone are on the decline, with consumers expected to be able to purchase iPhones in-store without a wait. This news should bring holiday cheer to iPhone fans.
Copyright Wall St Cheat Street All rights reserved.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown