Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool: Where to Watch, Preview and Teams
By Naveen Ullal | November 28, 2012 2:36 AM EST
Liverpool visit London to face Tottenham Hotspur, with both clubs separated by just four points in the Premier League table. Andre Villas-Boas' men sit seventh with 20 points from 13 points, while Brendan Rodgers' side are further down on 11th spot with 16 points.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 7.45pm GMT. Watch the highlights of the game on Match of the Day on BBC One at 10.45pm GMT.
Villas Boas will be delighted after Tottenham ended their recent bad patch, with a 3-1 victory over London rivals West Ham United last weekend. The Portuguese tactician will be looking for yet another three points in midweek, which could see his side climb up to the fifth place, with Everton (fifth) hosting Arsenal (sixth) in the other fixture. Spurs have won just two of their last five Premier League games and a victory against the Reds would be a major boost in their attempt to clinch a Champions League spot for next season.
Meanwhile, Liverpool have recovered well, despite having a poor start to this season, and are currently unbeaten in last eight league games, with their last defeat coming against archrivals and league leaders Manchester United back in September. And a win against Spurs could see the Merseyside outfit climbing to the top half of the table (also depending on other results) and then, it would be difficult to rule them out of the race to finish in top four.
Tottenham have not lost a game against the Reds in their last four meetings. Villas-Boas would be keen to extend that record and also put an end to Liverpool's unbeaten streak. Rodgers, on the other hand, would be looking to stretch his club's revival and seal all three points. Spurs will expect Jermain Defoe to continue his good form, while the visitors will be banking on talisman Luis Suarez.
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): W D L L W
- Last Result: Tottenham Hotspur 3-1 West Ham United
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): D D W D L
- Last Result: Swansea City 0-0 Liverpool
Tottenham Hotspur: Midfielder Mousa Dembele has returned from injury and came on as a late substitute against West Ham and Villas-Boas may start him in midweek. Meanwhile, Togo international Emmanuel Adebayor will serve the second of his three-match ban, after receiving a straight red in the derby game against former club Arsenal two weeks ago. Villas-Boas will also be without defensive duo Younes Kaboul and Benoit Assou-Ekotto. Hugo Lloris is expected to retain his place in goal, as veteran American Brad Friedel is set to continue on the bench.
Probable Line-Up (4-2-3-1): Lloris; Walker, Caulker, Dawson, Vertonghen; Sandro, Dembele; Lennon, Dempsey, Bale; Defoe
Liverpool: Rodgers has no new injury worries. Midfielder Lucas Leiva has returned and has been featuring in reserve games but it's unlikely that the Brazilian will make it to the squad for this tie. Stopper Pepe Reina should be fit to start, after colliding with Nathan Dyer during the weekend's game against Swansea City. Striker Fabio Borini and wing-back Martin Kelly remain sidelined with their long-term injuries.
Probable Line-Up (4-3-3): Reina; Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson; Allen, Sahin, Gerrard; Sterling, Suarez, Enrique
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- UFC President Dana White Says He is Very Excited for Anderson Silva’s Comeback in January
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features