Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool: Where to Watch, Preview and Teams
By Naveen Ullal | November 28, 2012 2:36 AM EST
Liverpool visit London to face Tottenham Hotspur, with both clubs separated by just four points in the Premier League table. Andre Villas-Boas' men sit seventh with 20 points from 13 points, while Brendan Rodgers' side are further down on 11th spot with 16 points.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 7.45pm GMT. Watch the highlights of the game on Match of the Day on BBC One at 10.45pm GMT.
Villas Boas will be delighted after Tottenham ended their recent bad patch, with a 3-1 victory over London rivals West Ham United last weekend. The Portuguese tactician will be looking for yet another three points in midweek, which could see his side climb up to the fifth place, with Everton (fifth) hosting Arsenal (sixth) in the other fixture. Spurs have won just two of their last five Premier League games and a victory against the Reds would be a major boost in their attempt to clinch a Champions League spot for next season.
Meanwhile, Liverpool have recovered well, despite having a poor start to this season, and are currently unbeaten in last eight league games, with their last defeat coming against archrivals and league leaders Manchester United back in September. And a win against Spurs could see the Merseyside outfit climbing to the top half of the table (also depending on other results) and then, it would be difficult to rule them out of the race to finish in top four.
Tottenham have not lost a game against the Reds in their last four meetings. Villas-Boas would be keen to extend that record and also put an end to Liverpool's unbeaten streak. Rodgers, on the other hand, would be looking to stretch his club's revival and seal all three points. Spurs will expect Jermain Defoe to continue his good form, while the visitors will be banking on talisman Luis Suarez.
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): W D L L W
- Last Result: Tottenham Hotspur 3-1 West Ham United
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): D D W D L
- Last Result: Swansea City 0-0 Liverpool
Tottenham Hotspur: Midfielder Mousa Dembele has returned from injury and came on as a late substitute against West Ham and Villas-Boas may start him in midweek. Meanwhile, Togo international Emmanuel Adebayor will serve the second of his three-match ban, after receiving a straight red in the derby game against former club Arsenal two weeks ago. Villas-Boas will also be without defensive duo Younes Kaboul and Benoit Assou-Ekotto. Hugo Lloris is expected to retain his place in goal, as veteran American Brad Friedel is set to continue on the bench.
Probable Line-Up (4-2-3-1): Lloris; Walker, Caulker, Dawson, Vertonghen; Sandro, Dembele; Lennon, Dempsey, Bale; Defoe
Liverpool: Rodgers has no new injury worries. Midfielder Lucas Leiva has returned and has been featuring in reserve games but it's unlikely that the Brazilian will make it to the squad for this tie. Stopper Pepe Reina should be fit to start, after colliding with Nathan Dyer during the weekend's game against Swansea City. Striker Fabio Borini and wing-back Martin Kelly remain sidelined with their long-term injuries.
Probable Line-Up (4-3-3): Reina; Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson; Allen, Sahin, Gerrard; Sterling, Suarez, Enrique
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Iggy Azalea Sex Tape: The Story So Far
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone