England Winger on Arsenal's Transfer List
By Nick Howson | November 27, 2012 10:48 PM EST
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has responded to speculation over the club's reported interest in Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha.
And Wenger has confirmed that Zaha is on Arsenal's radar, but refused to add where the winger lies on their transfer list.
"We are looking at every player who could strengthen our squad," Wenger said candidly. "He's not more on the list than anybody else."
Zaha has four Championship goals in 17 starts this season for Palace with the club currently sustaining an early-season promotion push having been taken over by Ian Holloway following Dougie Freedman's move to Bolton Wanderers.
He was among six players to make their international debuts against Sweden, as Ryan Shawcross, Leon Osman, Raheem Sterling, Steven Caulker and Arsenal full back Carl Jenkinson were all handed their first caps by Roy Hodgson.
Arsenal travel to Everton in their next Premier League encounter looking improve on a lifeless performance against Aston Villa at the weekend, but Jenkinson wants to take the positives from the goalless draw at Villa Park.
"Villa played well but we need to try and nick a goal and need to try and pick up the three points in games like that," Jenkinson told Arsenal Player.
"We kept a clean sheet and that's important. We just need to go on a little run, a good unbeaten run.
"I think clean sheets are important. Nine times out of 10, if you keep a clean sheet, you go on to win the game. In the main, we haven't conceded a lot of goals this season. I think we're up there [as] one of the best, in terms of goals conceded.
"We go into every game to win it. On Saturday it wasn't meant to be but we've got a huge game against Everton. There's no hiding, we need to win that. It's a massive game for us. We're on a good little run now, but we need to pick up three points on Wednesday and I'm confident we'll do that."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June