England Winger on Arsenal's Transfer List
By Nick Howson | November 27, 2012 10:48 PM EST
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has responded to speculation over the club's reported interest in Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha.
And Wenger has confirmed that Zaha is on Arsenal's radar, but refused to add where the winger lies on their transfer list.
"We are looking at every player who could strengthen our squad," Wenger said candidly. "He's not more on the list than anybody else."
Zaha has four Championship goals in 17 starts this season for Palace with the club currently sustaining an early-season promotion push having been taken over by Ian Holloway following Dougie Freedman's move to Bolton Wanderers.
He was among six players to make their international debuts against Sweden, as Ryan Shawcross, Leon Osman, Raheem Sterling, Steven Caulker and Arsenal full back Carl Jenkinson were all handed their first caps by Roy Hodgson.
Arsenal travel to Everton in their next Premier League encounter looking improve on a lifeless performance against Aston Villa at the weekend, but Jenkinson wants to take the positives from the goalless draw at Villa Park.
"Villa played well but we need to try and nick a goal and need to try and pick up the three points in games like that," Jenkinson told Arsenal Player.
"We kept a clean sheet and that's important. We just need to go on a little run, a good unbeaten run.
"I think clean sheets are important. Nine times out of 10, if you keep a clean sheet, you go on to win the game. In the main, we haven't conceded a lot of goals this season. I think we're up there [as] one of the best, in terms of goals conceded.
"We go into every game to win it. On Saturday it wasn't meant to be but we've got a huge game against Everton. There's no hiding, we need to win that. It's a massive game for us. We're on a good little run now, but we need to pick up three points on Wednesday and I'm confident we'll do that."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories