Samsung to ship 16 million Windows 8 and 7 computers this year: executive
November 27, 2012 10:21 PM EST
Samsung Electronics Co Ltd will ship 16 million tablets and laptop computers operating on Microsoft Corp's Windows 8 and Windows 7 operating systems this year, said Jin Park, vice president of the IT solutions business at Samsung.
Microsoft, the world's largest software company, launched its new-look, touch-friendly Windows 8 earlier this year to grip customers' imagination, as it looks to regain ground lost to Apple Inc and Google Inc in mobile computing and shake up the moribund PC market.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Sunil Nair)
(This story was refiled after official correction to change shipment figure estimates are for Windows 8 and Windows 7-based devices in the headline and the first paragraph)
Join the Conversation
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks