Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean with Sense 4+ OTA Update Rolls Out to HTC One X Globally
By Sarmistha Acharya | November 27, 2012 8:52 PM EST
The long-awaited Jelly Bean update for HTC's flagship smartphone, One X, has finally arrived. Several users having unlocked One X phones reportedly confirmed via Twitter that they have received the Jelly bean update.
The Jelly Bean update has reached the One X with CID_038 and CID_044 in some of the countries including India, Argentina, UK, Russia, Dominic Republic, Peru, Brazil and Sri Lanka. In addition several members from XDA Developers have confirmed the update. The software update is expected to reach other countries gradually.
In order to check the CID on your HTC One X, browse to Google Play and search, CID. If you have not receive the Over-The-Air (OTA) update notification, you can manually search for it by going to Settings>> About>> Software updates>> Check now.
The One X users, as HTC Source notes, will first get to see a small download weighing 1.6MB which is followed by the main 364.54MB Jelly Bean update which brings Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) and Sense 4+.
Recently the Taiwanese tech titan has confirmed stating that the update was released for all phones in Asia and Europe. HTC then chose not to release update to all One X phones rather it was released to selected devices based on the CID in each region. The One X with CID_612 which were sold to carriers in Taiwan have received the Jelly Bean OTA.
The HTC One X was first shipped with Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) software and later on upgraded with Android 4.0.4 with Sense 4.1.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Vivo Rumoured To Be Building World’s Thinnest Smartphone With 3.8 MM Thickness