'Twilight's' Robert Pattinson Disses One Direction [VIDEO]
By Diadem Pambid | November 27, 2012 5:26 PM EST
British boys are supposed to get along well but it looks like it doesn't work out that way for "Twilight" actor, Robert Pattinson. In an interview, the "Twilight" hunk had allegedly dissed the famous British boy band, One Direction. Would this also result in a big battle between Robert Pattinson supporters and "Directioners?"
Robert Pattinson is widely popular for the "Twilight" franchise and despite its' end this month of November Pattinson's career is going nowhere but up. The same thing can be said about the members of British boy band, One Direction, namely Liam Payne, Niall Horan, Harry Styles, Zayn Malik and Louis Tomlinson who have become popular since their "X-Factor" days.
Yet, in the world of Hollywood where music and movies always mix, surprisingly Robert Pattinson has never heard of One Direction or of their hit songs. In a recent interview, the 26-year old British actor was asked to choose between One Direction and Westlife. Guess which band Pattinson had picked?
"Westlife, definitely," answered Pattinson, adding, "Westlife are one of my favorite bands. I actually don't know any songs that One Direction have done. I've just seen pictures of them".
Strong supporters of One Direction immediately went on the defense mode claiming Pattinson had been living under a rock all this time to not know of One Direction. However, with a busy and obviously crazy schedule involving interviews, movie filming, red carpet premieres and handling an A-list life, Pattinson can't be blamed for not ever recognizing One Direction.
Sure, there might be some Hollywood celebrities hooked on One Direction, such as Country Crooner, Taylor Swift, but the same thing can't be said for everybody living in tinsel town. Surely, Pattinson did not mean to diss One Direction and was simply sincere in saying he had never heard of the band at all.
"Directioners" and supporters of One Direction should simply calm down. Not everybody in the world has a strong affinity towards upbeat and perky songs about teenage love plus before One Direction had even become popular, there were much well-known bands before them namely Westlife, N'Sync and a whole lot more.
Check out Robert Pattinson's interview below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales