'Twilight's' Robert Pattinson Disses One Direction [VIDEO]
By Diadem Pambid | November 27, 2012 5:26 PM EST
British boys are supposed to get along well but it looks like it doesn't work out that way for "Twilight" actor, Robert Pattinson. In an interview, the "Twilight" hunk had allegedly dissed the famous British boy band, One Direction. Would this also result in a big battle between Robert Pattinson supporters and "Directioners?"
Robert Pattinson is widely popular for the "Twilight" franchise and despite its' end this month of November Pattinson's career is going nowhere but up. The same thing can be said about the members of British boy band, One Direction, namely Liam Payne, Niall Horan, Harry Styles, Zayn Malik and Louis Tomlinson who have become popular since their "X-Factor" days.
Yet, in the world of Hollywood where music and movies always mix, surprisingly Robert Pattinson has never heard of One Direction or of their hit songs. In a recent interview, the 26-year old British actor was asked to choose between One Direction and Westlife. Guess which band Pattinson had picked?
"Westlife, definitely," answered Pattinson, adding, "Westlife are one of my favorite bands. I actually don't know any songs that One Direction have done. I've just seen pictures of them".
Strong supporters of One Direction immediately went on the defense mode claiming Pattinson had been living under a rock all this time to not know of One Direction. However, with a busy and obviously crazy schedule involving interviews, movie filming, red carpet premieres and handling an A-list life, Pattinson can't be blamed for not ever recognizing One Direction.
Sure, there might be some Hollywood celebrities hooked on One Direction, such as Country Crooner, Taylor Swift, but the same thing can't be said for everybody living in tinsel town. Surely, Pattinson did not mean to diss One Direction and was simply sincere in saying he had never heard of the band at all.
"Directioners" and supporters of One Direction should simply calm down. Not everybody in the world has a strong affinity towards upbeat and perky songs about teenage love plus before One Direction had even become popular, there were much well-known bands before them namely Westlife, N'Sync and a whole lot more.
Check out Robert Pattinson's interview below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists