'The Mentalist' Season 5 Episode 9: Ex-CBI Boss Virgil Minelli and [SPOILER] -- Their Red John Connection
By Arlene Paredes | November 27, 2012 4:00 PM EST
"The Mentalist" viewers are being asked to consider the possibility that Red John has appeared on the series, and he may not even be Robert Kirkland from Homeland Security. So, the guessing continues. Who is Red John?
Remember ex-CBI director Virgil Minelli? Gale Bertram currently holds his former post. Minelli is seen in the 100th episode agreeing to an FBI agent's demand for Red John information and updates. In this special episode, however, it is believed the requested information was meant for Kirkland.
Bertram was one of agent J.J. LaRoche's suspects in the murder of a Red John man. He was "tested" at the end of Season 3, but he somehow got cleared.
'What if you've never actually met Red John?' - Lisbon
Patrick Jane is listing down the name of virtually every person he has ever interacted with since getting involved with the CBI. Jane thinks Lorelei has inadvertently given him an important clue to Red John's identity.
"What if you've never actually met Red John?" Teresa Lisbon asks Jane, echoing what some viewers are probably thinking.
"I haven't just met him. I've shaken hands with him," Jane answers, hinting that he is convinced he has met Red John.
Jane is replaying in his mind what Lorelei had let slip when talking about his similarities with Red John. So when Lisbon asks him whether she's in his book of "suspects," Jane answers, "[Lorelei] said, it's a wonder Red John and I didn't become friends. Now, what we have, I consider a friendship. So, my friend, you are free and clear."
The Mentalist's Notebook: Is Virgil Minelli a Viable Suspect? [SPOILER ALERT]
Towards the end of the latest episode (Season 5 Episode 9: "Black Cherry"), Jane is seen studying his list of suspects. A familiar name stands out: Virgil Minelli. But is this character a viable suspect at all?
Minelli simply does not strike as the diabolically manipulative type. And while he is not particularly close friends with Jane, the two of them are more than mere acquaintances.
Now let's take a look at the other familiar name on Jane's list: Osvaldo (Oscar) Ardiles, DA's Office. This man is definitely not a friend of Jane. What's more, his name is also in LaRoche's list. It was later proven that FBI agent Craig O'Laughlin was the right bad guy in the said list. But what if LaRoche got two correct names there?
"The Mentalist" creator Bruno Heller is doing a good job confusing the viewers, but this is going to get boring unless interesting twists unfold again.
Wait for Jane's next encounter with lawyer Ardiles, who is last seen in Season 4 Episode 14: "At First Blush."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date