'The Mentalist' Season 5 Episode 9: Ex-CBI Boss Virgil Minelli and [SPOILER] -- Their Red John Connection
By Arlene Paredes | November 27, 2012 4:00 PM EST
"The Mentalist" viewers are being asked to consider the possibility that Red John has appeared on the series, and he may not even be Robert Kirkland from Homeland Security. So, the guessing continues. Who is Red John?
Remember ex-CBI director Virgil Minelli? Gale Bertram currently holds his former post. Minelli is seen in the 100th episode agreeing to an FBI agent's demand for Red John information and updates. In this special episode, however, it is believed the requested information was meant for Kirkland.
Bertram was one of agent J.J. LaRoche's suspects in the murder of a Red John man. He was "tested" at the end of Season 3, but he somehow got cleared.
'What if you've never actually met Red John?' - Lisbon
Patrick Jane is listing down the name of virtually every person he has ever interacted with since getting involved with the CBI. Jane thinks Lorelei has inadvertently given him an important clue to Red John's identity.
"What if you've never actually met Red John?" Teresa Lisbon asks Jane, echoing what some viewers are probably thinking.
"I haven't just met him. I've shaken hands with him," Jane answers, hinting that he is convinced he has met Red John.
Jane is replaying in his mind what Lorelei had let slip when talking about his similarities with Red John. So when Lisbon asks him whether she's in his book of "suspects," Jane answers, "[Lorelei] said, it's a wonder Red John and I didn't become friends. Now, what we have, I consider a friendship. So, my friend, you are free and clear."
The Mentalist's Notebook: Is Virgil Minelli a Viable Suspect? [SPOILER ALERT]
Towards the end of the latest episode (Season 5 Episode 9: "Black Cherry"), Jane is seen studying his list of suspects. A familiar name stands out: Virgil Minelli. But is this character a viable suspect at all?
Minelli simply does not strike as the diabolically manipulative type. And while he is not particularly close friends with Jane, the two of them are more than mere acquaintances.
Now let's take a look at the other familiar name on Jane's list: Osvaldo (Oscar) Ardiles, DA's Office. This man is definitely not a friend of Jane. What's more, his name is also in LaRoche's list. It was later proven that FBI agent Craig O'Laughlin was the right bad guy in the said list. But what if LaRoche got two correct names there?
"The Mentalist" creator Bruno Heller is doing a good job confusing the viewers, but this is going to get boring unless interesting twists unfold again.
Wait for Jane's next encounter with lawyer Ardiles, who is last seen in Season 4 Episode 14: "At First Blush."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff