'The Mentalist' Season 5 Episode 9: Ex-CBI Boss Virgil Minelli and [SPOILER] -- Their Red John Connection
By Arlene Paredes | November 27, 2012 4:00 PM EST
"The Mentalist" viewers are being asked to consider the possibility that Red John has appeared on the series, and he may not even be Robert Kirkland from Homeland Security. So, the guessing continues. Who is Red John?
Remember ex-CBI director Virgil Minelli? Gale Bertram currently holds his former post. Minelli is seen in the 100th episode agreeing to an FBI agent's demand for Red John information and updates. In this special episode, however, it is believed the requested information was meant for Kirkland.
Bertram was one of agent J.J. LaRoche's suspects in the murder of a Red John man. He was "tested" at the end of Season 3, but he somehow got cleared.
'What if you've never actually met Red John?' - Lisbon
Patrick Jane is listing down the name of virtually every person he has ever interacted with since getting involved with the CBI. Jane thinks Lorelei has inadvertently given him an important clue to Red John's identity.
"What if you've never actually met Red John?" Teresa Lisbon asks Jane, echoing what some viewers are probably thinking.
"I haven't just met him. I've shaken hands with him," Jane answers, hinting that he is convinced he has met Red John.
Jane is replaying in his mind what Lorelei had let slip when talking about his similarities with Red John. So when Lisbon asks him whether she's in his book of "suspects," Jane answers, "[Lorelei] said, it's a wonder Red John and I didn't become friends. Now, what we have, I consider a friendship. So, my friend, you are free and clear."
The Mentalist's Notebook: Is Virgil Minelli a Viable Suspect? [SPOILER ALERT]
Towards the end of the latest episode (Season 5 Episode 9: "Black Cherry"), Jane is seen studying his list of suspects. A familiar name stands out: Virgil Minelli. But is this character a viable suspect at all?
Minelli simply does not strike as the diabolically manipulative type. And while he is not particularly close friends with Jane, the two of them are more than mere acquaintances.
Now let's take a look at the other familiar name on Jane's list: Osvaldo (Oscar) Ardiles, DA's Office. This man is definitely not a friend of Jane. What's more, his name is also in LaRoche's list. It was later proven that FBI agent Craig O'Laughlin was the right bad guy in the said list. But what if LaRoche got two correct names there?
"The Mentalist" creator Bruno Heller is doing a good job confusing the viewers, but this is going to get boring unless interesting twists unfold again.
Wait for Jane's next encounter with lawyer Ardiles, who is last seen in Season 4 Episode 14: "At First Blush."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- UEFA Champions League Draw Result and Replay: Arsenal Joins Toughest Group, Cristiano Ronaldo Named Best Player In Europe [PHOTOS and VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans