'The Mentalist' Season 5 Episode 9: Ex-CBI Boss Virgil Minelli and [SPOILER] -- Their Red John Connection
By Arlene Paredes | November 27, 2012 4:00 PM EST
"The Mentalist" viewers are being asked to consider the possibility that Red John has appeared on the series, and he may not even be Robert Kirkland from Homeland Security. So, the guessing continues. Who is Red John?
Remember ex-CBI director Virgil Minelli? Gale Bertram currently holds his former post. Minelli is seen in the 100th episode agreeing to an FBI agent's demand for Red John information and updates. In this special episode, however, it is believed the requested information was meant for Kirkland.
Bertram was one of agent J.J. LaRoche's suspects in the murder of a Red John man. He was "tested" at the end of Season 3, but he somehow got cleared.
'What if you've never actually met Red John?' - Lisbon
Patrick Jane is listing down the name of virtually every person he has ever interacted with since getting involved with the CBI. Jane thinks Lorelei has inadvertently given him an important clue to Red John's identity.
"What if you've never actually met Red John?" Teresa Lisbon asks Jane, echoing what some viewers are probably thinking.
"I haven't just met him. I've shaken hands with him," Jane answers, hinting that he is convinced he has met Red John.
Jane is replaying in his mind what Lorelei had let slip when talking about his similarities with Red John. So when Lisbon asks him whether she's in his book of "suspects," Jane answers, "[Lorelei] said, it's a wonder Red John and I didn't become friends. Now, what we have, I consider a friendship. So, my friend, you are free and clear."
The Mentalist's Notebook: Is Virgil Minelli a Viable Suspect? [SPOILER ALERT]
Towards the end of the latest episode (Season 5 Episode 9: "Black Cherry"), Jane is seen studying his list of suspects. A familiar name stands out: Virgil Minelli. But is this character a viable suspect at all?
Minelli simply does not strike as the diabolically manipulative type. And while he is not particularly close friends with Jane, the two of them are more than mere acquaintances.
Now let's take a look at the other familiar name on Jane's list: Osvaldo (Oscar) Ardiles, DA's Office. This man is definitely not a friend of Jane. What's more, his name is also in LaRoche's list. It was later proven that FBI agent Craig O'Laughlin was the right bad guy in the said list. But what if LaRoche got two correct names there?
"The Mentalist" creator Bruno Heller is doing a good job confusing the viewers, but this is going to get boring unless interesting twists unfold again.
Wait for Jane's next encounter with lawyer Ardiles, who is last seen in Season 4 Episode 14: "At First Blush."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China