Nintendo Wii U Hits Australian Stores on November 30
By Jenalyn Villamarin | November 27, 2012 3:23 PM EST
In the United States, the Wii U was put up on sale last November 18 at a starting price of $300. Nintendo Wii U is the first major game console launched since the release of the original Wii back in 2006. The latest gadget comes with a new touch-screen controller that allows people have a different experience in playing games depending on the controller used.
Nintendo Co. has been struggling in generating the console's enthusiasm for the Wii U. The gadget can also play games created for the original Wii with its touch-screen controller called Wii U Game Pad.
Nintendo stated that the latest game in its famous Mario franchise, "New Super Mario Bros U," will be available upon the release of the new Wii U. The game will also present new challenges for the advanced Mario players such as trying to complete a level without touching the ground. "Super Mario" and the other classic games has been Nintendo's major draw.
Another game available on the Wii U is Activision Blizzard Inc.'s "Call of Duty Black Ops II." The "Call of Duty" games have always been the holiday best-sellers for the past years.
Nintendo has already sold over 400,000 of the Wii U on its first week sale in the United States. As of Monday afternoon report, Best Buy Co.'s web site indicated a sold out of the new Wii U video game console.
Aside from the demand, the Wii U supply is also a crucial aspect at this point. Analyst Michael Pachter estimates that Nintendo will distribute 1 million to 1.5 million Wii U gadgets in the United States until the end of January 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- UFO Falling 'Angel Hair' Strands Spotted By Portugal Residents [VIDEO]
- US Police Release Video Of Officers Shooting 12-Year-Old Tamir Rice
- US Toddler, 3, Shoots Mother To Death With 9mm Handgun
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Has 'Uncanny Ability,' Described As 'Posh' During Public Appearances
- NSW Girl, 12, Takes Wheel of Mazda MX5 & Saves Lives After Father Suffers Heart Attack
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report