Third Accuser Sues Kevin Clash On Underage Sex
By Charles Poladian | November 27, 2012 12:51 PM EST
A third accuser is suing Kevin Clash, the former voice of Elmo on “Sesame Street.” The lawsuit asserts that Clash had sex with the unidentified man when he was 16.
The New York Daily News reports the lawsuit was filed by a man now 29, who is going by “John Doe” because he does not wish to be identified, in a Manhattan U.S. District Court on Monday, according to Jeff Herman, his attorney.
According to the plaintiff, he met Clash on a gay chat line in 2000, much as how Clash allegedly met Cecil Singleton, the second man to file suit claiming Clash had sex with him when he was a minor. This is not the only thing John Doe has in common with Singleton, who filed a $5 million lawsuit last week against Clash. Singleton is also being represented by Herman.
Herman's previous clients include victims of sexual assault by Roman Catholic priests and a Scoutmaster in the Boy Scouts. According to the law firm's website, Herman won $100 million for one client in 2011 against Father Neil Doherty of the Archdiocese of Miami.
The Daily News reports that the new accuser was originally from the South but moved to New York to pursue a modeling career.
Clash allegedly went by the name “Craig” on the gay chat line and the two chatted briefly before Clash invited John Doe to his apartment. Clash was also claiming he was 30 although he was actually 40 at the time. John Doe said he and Clash engaged in sexual activity but did not give details. Herman said Clash and John Doe met again in 2003 and 2004, notes Daily News. It was not until later that John Doe realized that Clash was the voice of Elmo.
According to Herman, John Doe is writing a book about his time with Clash and will bring some pages detailing their meetings to a press conference where he will go public on Tuesday.
Herman also will be appearing with Singleton to discuss the allegations on “Dr. Drew on Call” on Monday at 9 p.m.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS