‘Two And A Half Men’ Star Angus T. Jones Releases Video Praising Seventh-Day Adventist Offshoot, Tells People To Stop Watching His Show [VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 27, 2012 7:37 AM EST
In a move that has television fans scrambling for an explanation, “Two and a Half Men” star Angus T. Jones released two videos that appear be religiously motivated and authentic, in which he denounces the CBS sitcom he continues to star on as “filth” and urges fans to “please stop watching.”
Jones, 19, stars on “Two and a Half Men” as sarcastic teenager Jake Harper, whose father Alan decides to relocate the two of them to his uncle’s beach house after his parents get divorced. The show has received an overwhelmingly positive response from critics, winning nine Emmy awards and being hailed by the New York Times as “the biggest hit comedy of the last decade.”
Jones himself has won two Young Artist awards and a TV Land award for his role on the show. However, since reportedly joining a Seventh-day Adventist church in Los Angeles, he has begun speaking out against the show on the un-Christianlike the message he feels it sends.
In a recent video for religious website “Forerunner Chronicles,” Jones speaks candidly about how he first became involved with the church and why he feels passionately about spreading its message. After attending services at several different churches while searching for one that “stood out” to him, a friend of Jones recommended a Seventh-day Adventist church. After attending a service there, Jones said that he immediately felt a connection to its teachings and felt as if the service had been “tailor-made” for him.
“Everything about the message was me,” Jones says in one video. “My life, what I needed to do, answers, everything was me. And then ... that was my church.
“Jake from ‘Two and a Half Men’ means nothing; he’s a nonexistent character,” Jones adds. "If you watch ‘Two and a Half Men,’ please stop watching. I’m on ‘Two and a Half Men’; I don’t want to be on it.
“Please stop watching it,” he continues. “Please stop filling your head with filth. People say it’s just entertainment: Do some research on the effects of television in your brain, and I promise you you’ll have a decision to make when it comes to the television and especially what you watch. ... It’s bad news. I don’t know if it means anything more coming from me, but you might not have heard about it otherwise.
“Watch out 'cuz people don’t like to think about how deceptive the enemy is. But he’s doing this for a lot longer than any of us have been around, so we can’t play around. There’s no playing around when it comes to eternity,” Jones adds in conclusion.
None of the producers of “Two and a Half Men" nor Jones’ fellow actors have yet responded to his comments.
Watch the video below to see Jones speaking about his views.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border