Justin Bieber Booed At Canadian Football Game
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 27, 2012 6:52 AM EST
Justin Bieber didn’t receive a hero’s welcome when he performed during Canada's Grey Cup football halftime show Sunday.
The crowd booed and heckled the Canadian-born singer as the host introduced him and throughout his performance of his hit singles “Boyfriend” and “Beauty and a Beat,” the Associated Press reported.
Unfazed, the pop star completed his routine and gave the Toronto crowd a warm send-off.
“Thank you so much, Canada,” he said. “I love you.”
Justin Bieber is admittedly not a usual choice for the Grey Cup halftime show, which has featured performers such as Nickelback and Lenny Kravitz.
“J-Biebs doesn't scream football, you know? Neither does Carly Rae Jepsen,” Ryan Prisque of Calgary, Alberta, told the AP.
Following Bieber, Jepsen performed a medely of her songs, including her hit single, “Call Me Maybe,” and latest single “The Kiss” to a mixed reaction.
Bieber received some more flack earlier last week for his style of dress while receiving a Diamond Jubilee Medal from Canada’s Prime Minister Stephen Harper.
Donning a pair of pinstriped overalls, unbuttoned on one shoulder with a white T-shirt and backward baseball cap earned the singer the title of White Trash Prince by social commentary website Gawker, among other insults.
The prime minster took to Twitter Sunday in Bieber’s defense.
“In fairness to [Bieber], I told him I would be wearing my overalls too,” Harper tweeted.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]