Justin Bieber Booed At Canadian Football Game
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 27, 2012 6:52 AM EST
Justin Bieber didn’t receive a hero’s welcome when he performed during Canada's Grey Cup football halftime show Sunday.
The crowd booed and heckled the Canadian-born singer as the host introduced him and throughout his performance of his hit singles “Boyfriend” and “Beauty and a Beat,” the Associated Press reported.
Unfazed, the pop star completed his routine and gave the Toronto crowd a warm send-off.
“Thank you so much, Canada,” he said. “I love you.”
Justin Bieber is admittedly not a usual choice for the Grey Cup halftime show, which has featured performers such as Nickelback and Lenny Kravitz.
“J-Biebs doesn't scream football, you know? Neither does Carly Rae Jepsen,” Ryan Prisque of Calgary, Alberta, told the AP.
Following Bieber, Jepsen performed a medely of her songs, including her hit single, “Call Me Maybe,” and latest single “The Kiss” to a mixed reaction.
Bieber received some more flack earlier last week for his style of dress while receiving a Diamond Jubilee Medal from Canada’s Prime Minister Stephen Harper.
Donning a pair of pinstriped overalls, unbuttoned on one shoulder with a white T-shirt and backward baseball cap earned the singer the title of White Trash Prince by social commentary website Gawker, among other insults.
The prime minster took to Twitter Sunday in Bieber’s defense.
“In fairness to [Bieber], I told him I would be wearing my overalls too,” Harper tweeted.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How