Justin Bieber Booed At Canadian Football Game
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 27, 2012 6:52 AM EST
Justin Bieber didn’t receive a hero’s welcome when he performed during Canada's Grey Cup football halftime show Sunday.
The crowd booed and heckled the Canadian-born singer as the host introduced him and throughout his performance of his hit singles “Boyfriend” and “Beauty and a Beat,” the Associated Press reported.
Unfazed, the pop star completed his routine and gave the Toronto crowd a warm send-off.
“Thank you so much, Canada,” he said. “I love you.”
Justin Bieber is admittedly not a usual choice for the Grey Cup halftime show, which has featured performers such as Nickelback and Lenny Kravitz.
“J-Biebs doesn't scream football, you know? Neither does Carly Rae Jepsen,” Ryan Prisque of Calgary, Alberta, told the AP.
Following Bieber, Jepsen performed a medely of her songs, including her hit single, “Call Me Maybe,” and latest single “The Kiss” to a mixed reaction.
Bieber received some more flack earlier last week for his style of dress while receiving a Diamond Jubilee Medal from Canada’s Prime Minister Stephen Harper.
Donning a pair of pinstriped overalls, unbuttoned on one shoulder with a white T-shirt and backward baseball cap earned the singer the title of White Trash Prince by social commentary website Gawker, among other insults.
The prime minster took to Twitter Sunday in Bieber’s defense.
“In fairness to [Bieber], I told him I would be wearing my overalls too,” Harper tweeted.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists