Morning Copper Market Report 11/26
November 27, 2012 2:30 AM EST
The copper market traded lower early in today's session, but December copper was able to recover and reach the highest price levels since November 7th. With a lack of definitive news flow on copper from China, some traders feel that the copper market has been left to indirectly track US equity market action during today's session. The copper market has not seen concrete developments from the Chinese leadership shift just yet, while other traders feel that it may be difficult for copper prices to climb far above the recent highs without some hint of stimulus flowing from the newly installed Chinese leadership.
Apparently copper was able to find some minor support overnight off of hopes for an EU/Greek debt deal, but copper is also likely to take a lot of direction from the US equity markets. News of soft Euro zone manufacturing data overnight was thought to have prompted some profit taking in copper at the start of the new trading week. Many in the market are hoping that "Cyber Monday" holiday sales figures will provide a measure of fresh macro economic optimism, especially since electronic sales activity on Friday was found to be very strong.
*Disclaimer: The information in the Market Commentaries was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but we do not guarantee its accuracy. Neither the information nor any opinion expressed therein constitutes a solicitation of the purchase or sale of any futures or options contracts.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]