Morning Copper Market Report 11/26
November 27, 2012 2:30 AM EST
The copper market traded lower early in today's session, but December copper was able to recover and reach the highest price levels since November 7th. With a lack of definitive news flow on copper from China, some traders feel that the copper market has been left to indirectly track US equity market action during today's session. The copper market has not seen concrete developments from the Chinese leadership shift just yet, while other traders feel that it may be difficult for copper prices to climb far above the recent highs without some hint of stimulus flowing from the newly installed Chinese leadership.
Apparently copper was able to find some minor support overnight off of hopes for an EU/Greek debt deal, but copper is also likely to take a lot of direction from the US equity markets. News of soft Euro zone manufacturing data overnight was thought to have prompted some profit taking in copper at the start of the new trading week. Many in the market are hoping that "Cyber Monday" holiday sales figures will provide a measure of fresh macro economic optimism, especially since electronic sales activity on Friday was found to be very strong.
*Disclaimer: The information in the Market Commentaries was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but we do not guarantee its accuracy. Neither the information nor any opinion expressed therein constitutes a solicitation of the purchase or sale of any futures or options contracts.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers
- ISIS Will Target the U.S. Power Grid, Former CIA Says; Could Tap Other Fellow Extremist Groups to Do the Job
- Jennifer Lawrence's Nude Photos Leaked on Find My iPhone, Apple 'Outraged' But Says Systems 'Not Breached'
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged