Morning Copper Market Report 11/26
November 27, 2012 2:30 AM EST
The copper market traded lower early in today's session, but December copper was able to recover and reach the highest price levels since November 7th. With a lack of definitive news flow on copper from China, some traders feel that the copper market has been left to indirectly track US equity market action during today's session. The copper market has not seen concrete developments from the Chinese leadership shift just yet, while other traders feel that it may be difficult for copper prices to climb far above the recent highs without some hint of stimulus flowing from the newly installed Chinese leadership.
Apparently copper was able to find some minor support overnight off of hopes for an EU/Greek debt deal, but copper is also likely to take a lot of direction from the US equity markets. News of soft Euro zone manufacturing data overnight was thought to have prompted some profit taking in copper at the start of the new trading week. Many in the market are hoping that "Cyber Monday" holiday sales figures will provide a measure of fresh macro economic optimism, especially since electronic sales activity on Friday was found to be very strong.
*Disclaimer: The information in the Market Commentaries was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but we do not guarantee its accuracy. Neither the information nor any opinion expressed therein constitutes a solicitation of the purchase or sale of any futures or options contracts.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage