Morning Copper Market Report 11/26
November 27, 2012 2:30 AM EST
The copper market traded lower early in today's session, but December copper was able to recover and reach the highest price levels since November 7th. With a lack of definitive news flow on copper from China, some traders feel that the copper market has been left to indirectly track US equity market action during today's session. The copper market has not seen concrete developments from the Chinese leadership shift just yet, while other traders feel that it may be difficult for copper prices to climb far above the recent highs without some hint of stimulus flowing from the newly installed Chinese leadership.
Apparently copper was able to find some minor support overnight off of hopes for an EU/Greek debt deal, but copper is also likely to take a lot of direction from the US equity markets. News of soft Euro zone manufacturing data overnight was thought to have prompted some profit taking in copper at the start of the new trading week. Many in the market are hoping that "Cyber Monday" holiday sales figures will provide a measure of fresh macro economic optimism, especially since electronic sales activity on Friday was found to be very strong.
*Disclaimer: The information in the Market Commentaries was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but we do not guarantee its accuracy. Neither the information nor any opinion expressed therein constitutes a solicitation of the purchase or sale of any futures or options contracts.
Join the Conversation
- Australian Stock Market Report – Afternoon November 28, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Midday November 28, 2014
- Canada's Diavik Diamond Mine Receives $350M Boost From Anglo-Australian Miner Rio Tinto
- Global Markets Overview – November 28, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Morning November 28, 2014
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments