Morning Copper Market Report 11/26
November 27, 2012 2:30 AM EST
The copper market traded lower early in today's session, but December copper was able to recover and reach the highest price levels since November 7th. With a lack of definitive news flow on copper from China, some traders feel that the copper market has been left to indirectly track US equity market action during today's session. The copper market has not seen concrete developments from the Chinese leadership shift just yet, while other traders feel that it may be difficult for copper prices to climb far above the recent highs without some hint of stimulus flowing from the newly installed Chinese leadership.
Apparently copper was able to find some minor support overnight off of hopes for an EU/Greek debt deal, but copper is also likely to take a lot of direction from the US equity markets. News of soft Euro zone manufacturing data overnight was thought to have prompted some profit taking in copper at the start of the new trading week. Many in the market are hoping that "Cyber Monday" holiday sales figures will provide a measure of fresh macro economic optimism, especially since electronic sales activity on Friday was found to be very strong.
*Disclaimer: The information in the Market Commentaries was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but we do not guarantee its accuracy. Neither the information nor any opinion expressed therein constitutes a solicitation of the purchase or sale of any futures or options contracts.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports