UK to announce new Bank of England governor around 1030 EDT
November 27, 2012 12:42 AM EST
Britain's government is expected to announce the next governor of the Bank of England to parliament around 1030 EDT on Monday.
Parliament's website showed that a statement on the Bank of England was due after defense questions, which start at 0930 EDT and last around an hour.
Finance minister George Osborne is widely expected to be about to announce a successor to BoE Governor Mervyn King.
(Reporting by Matt Falloon and David Milliken; editing by Patrick Graham)
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid