Samsung Galaxy S3, S2 and Note 2 Androidv4.1.2 Jelly Bean Updates Available for Download
By Kristin Dian Mariano | November 27, 2012 12:35 AM EST
If you are one of the people who are frustrated with the slow Jelly Bean update on Samsung devices, the 4.1.2 version of the update leaked in SamMobile and can now be downloaded.
Samsung Galaxy S3 owners may download the I9300XXELK4 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean test firmware from SamMobile at this link. Although it is an unofficial update, SamMobile does go on the record that it works as "perfectly as any other official firmware." The update gives the Galaxy S3 some of the Galaxy Note 2's features such as Multi-view, which lets apps run simultaneously.
SamMobile recently provide a sneak preview of the rumored Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy S3 and it has the Multi Window View, the split screen multitasking feature that is found on the Galaxy Note 2. The same kind of update is also expected to Galaxy Note 2's predecessor.
According to GottaBeMobile, Multi Window View is not the only new feature coming with the update either. In addition to the powerful split-screen multitasking which allows users to use two separate apps on the display, this leaked firmware also includes features such as page buddy, customizable notification panel and smart rotation.
The official Android 4.1.2 update from Samsung for the Galaxy S3 is expected to roll out in December.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 also receives an unofficial Androidv4.1.2 Jelly Bean update. You can download the N7100XXDLJ2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware from here.
New features include an ink effect on the lock screen and more customization features for Notifications. The Galaxy Note 2 should receive an official Android 4.1.2 upgrade from Samsung within the next couple months.
Lastly, Samsung Galaxy S2 users who simply cannot wait for the update may also download the leaked firmware I9300XXLSJ Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean from this link. This update comes courtesy of XDADevelopers member izap.
The build is reported to be extremely stable. The Galaxy S2 is expected to get Android 4.1.2 within the coming weeks.
All of the leaked firmwares are unofficial and everyone is advised to proceed with caution as this is not the official Android update. Thus, all of the necessary precautions must be taken. Just like all other firmware, there is a possibility that your phone could brick, and that your warranty might be voided.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build