Redknapp Plans January Approach for Tottenham Trio - Report
By Vishnuprasad S | November 26, 2012 10:10 PM EST
Harry Redknapp is reportedly preparing moves for three Tottenham Hotspur players in January, as the new Queens Park Rangers manager looks to save the struggling west London outfit from relegation.
The 65-year-old, who was shown the door at White Hart Lane in the summer, took charge at Loftus Road last week. The Hoops are presently at the bottom of the Premier League table, with just four points, having failed to win any of their opening 13 games. Redknapp is expected to do some shuffling in the next transfer window and, according to the Daily Mirror, Scott Parker, Jermain Defoe and Michael Dawson are all on the Englishman's list.
The report also claims that Parker is the Rangers' boss' number one target. Redknapp, who signed the midfielder from West Ham United last summer, has already identified that his new club lacks leadership on the pitch, and Parker - his captain last season - is considered as an ideal player to offer that. The 32-year-old is currently recovering from surgery, following an Achilles injury that has sidelined him since Euro 2012. Tottenham could be open to a short-term loan move as the player looks to regain match fitness and sharpness.
Meanwhile, Defoe and Redknapp have previously worked together at West Ham and Portsmouth, as well as at Spurs and the player is one of the biggest admirers of the English tactician's managerial and tactical skills. However, the striker has been in superb form for Tottenham this season and a move across London looks unlikely at the moment.
That brings us to Dawson, who is easily the most viable option among the three. Spurs boss Andre-Villas-Boas had put the defender on the transfer market in the summer, after deeming him surplus to requirements. In fact, the 29-year-old was heavily linked with a move to QPR but the Portuguese later took a U-turn on that decision, when centre-back Younes Kaboul was ruled out for a few months.
Redknapp takes charge of the Hoops for the first time in midweek when they face Sunderland at the Stadium of Light.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch