Redknapp Plans January Approach for Tottenham Trio - Report
By Vishnuprasad S | November 26, 2012 10:10 PM EST
Harry Redknapp is reportedly preparing moves for three Tottenham Hotspur players in January, as the new Queens Park Rangers manager looks to save the struggling west London outfit from relegation.
The 65-year-old, who was shown the door at White Hart Lane in the summer, took charge at Loftus Road last week. The Hoops are presently at the bottom of the Premier League table, with just four points, having failed to win any of their opening 13 games. Redknapp is expected to do some shuffling in the next transfer window and, according to the Daily Mirror, Scott Parker, Jermain Defoe and Michael Dawson are all on the Englishman's list.
The report also claims that Parker is the Rangers' boss' number one target. Redknapp, who signed the midfielder from West Ham United last summer, has already identified that his new club lacks leadership on the pitch, and Parker - his captain last season - is considered as an ideal player to offer that. The 32-year-old is currently recovering from surgery, following an Achilles injury that has sidelined him since Euro 2012. Tottenham could be open to a short-term loan move as the player looks to regain match fitness and sharpness.
Meanwhile, Defoe and Redknapp have previously worked together at West Ham and Portsmouth, as well as at Spurs and the player is one of the biggest admirers of the English tactician's managerial and tactical skills. However, the striker has been in superb form for Tottenham this season and a move across London looks unlikely at the moment.
That brings us to Dawson, who is easily the most viable option among the three. Spurs boss Andre-Villas-Boas had put the defender on the transfer market in the summer, after deeming him surplus to requirements. In fact, the 29-year-old was heavily linked with a move to QPR but the Portuguese later took a U-turn on that decision, when centre-back Younes Kaboul was ruled out for a few months.
Redknapp takes charge of the Hoops for the first time in midweek when they face Sunderland at the Stadium of Light.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tasks Engineers to Create the Perfect Tennis Racquet [VIDEO]
- LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Renewed Hope for Blues, as Paul Pogba's Agent Revealed that 'Anything is Possible'
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Receives Mixed Reactions on Twitter
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff