Redknapp Plans January Approach for Tottenham Trio - Report
By Vishnuprasad S | November 26, 2012 10:10 PM EST
Harry Redknapp is reportedly preparing moves for three Tottenham Hotspur players in January, as the new Queens Park Rangers manager looks to save the struggling west London outfit from relegation.
The 65-year-old, who was shown the door at White Hart Lane in the summer, took charge at Loftus Road last week. The Hoops are presently at the bottom of the Premier League table, with just four points, having failed to win any of their opening 13 games. Redknapp is expected to do some shuffling in the next transfer window and, according to the Daily Mirror, Scott Parker, Jermain Defoe and Michael Dawson are all on the Englishman's list.
The report also claims that Parker is the Rangers' boss' number one target. Redknapp, who signed the midfielder from West Ham United last summer, has already identified that his new club lacks leadership on the pitch, and Parker - his captain last season - is considered as an ideal player to offer that. The 32-year-old is currently recovering from surgery, following an Achilles injury that has sidelined him since Euro 2012. Tottenham could be open to a short-term loan move as the player looks to regain match fitness and sharpness.
Meanwhile, Defoe and Redknapp have previously worked together at West Ham and Portsmouth, as well as at Spurs and the player is one of the biggest admirers of the English tactician's managerial and tactical skills. However, the striker has been in superb form for Tottenham this season and a move across London looks unlikely at the moment.
That brings us to Dawson, who is easily the most viable option among the three. Spurs boss Andre-Villas-Boas had put the defender on the transfer market in the summer, after deeming him surplus to requirements. In fact, the 29-year-old was heavily linked with a move to QPR but the Portuguese later took a U-turn on that decision, when centre-back Younes Kaboul was ruled out for a few months.
Redknapp takes charge of the Hoops for the first time in midweek when they face Sunderland at the Stadium of Light.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wants To Talk To Manny Pacquiao About Super Fight If Filipino Beats Chris Algieri
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Manchester United News: Angel Di Maria’s Exit And Hummels’ Future Move
- Video Of Floyd Mayweather Having An Altercation With A Random Woman, Who Had No Idea Who He Is, Goes Viral
- 2014/15 NBA Season Preview And Predictions: Los Angeles Lakers; Jeremy Lin's Breakout Campaign
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money