Redknapp Plans January Approach for Tottenham Trio - Report
By Vishnuprasad S | November 26, 2012 10:10 PM EST
Harry Redknapp is reportedly preparing moves for three Tottenham Hotspur players in January, as the new Queens Park Rangers manager looks to save the struggling west London outfit from relegation.
The 65-year-old, who was shown the door at White Hart Lane in the summer, took charge at Loftus Road last week. The Hoops are presently at the bottom of the Premier League table, with just four points, having failed to win any of their opening 13 games. Redknapp is expected to do some shuffling in the next transfer window and, according to the Daily Mirror, Scott Parker, Jermain Defoe and Michael Dawson are all on the Englishman's list.
The report also claims that Parker is the Rangers' boss' number one target. Redknapp, who signed the midfielder from West Ham United last summer, has already identified that his new club lacks leadership on the pitch, and Parker - his captain last season - is considered as an ideal player to offer that. The 32-year-old is currently recovering from surgery, following an Achilles injury that has sidelined him since Euro 2012. Tottenham could be open to a short-term loan move as the player looks to regain match fitness and sharpness.
Meanwhile, Defoe and Redknapp have previously worked together at West Ham and Portsmouth, as well as at Spurs and the player is one of the biggest admirers of the English tactician's managerial and tactical skills. However, the striker has been in superb form for Tottenham this season and a move across London looks unlikely at the moment.
That brings us to Dawson, who is easily the most viable option among the three. Spurs boss Andre-Villas-Boas had put the defender on the transfer market in the summer, after deeming him surplus to requirements. In fact, the 29-year-old was heavily linked with a move to QPR but the Portuguese later took a U-turn on that decision, when centre-back Younes Kaboul was ruled out for a few months.
Redknapp takes charge of the Hoops for the first time in midweek when they face Sunderland at the Stadium of Light.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?