Indian Dietetic Association To Hold Golden Jubilee Celebration On Nov 29
By ambrosia sabrina | November 26, 2012 7:13 PM EST
The Indian Dietetic Association (IDA) will hold a three-day Golden Jubilee Conference in association with the National Institute of Nutrition (NIN) in Hyderabad.
The theme for this year's conference, which will begin Nov 29, is "Indian diets and health: In retrospect and prospect". The conference will include plenary lectures, oral presentations, poster sessions and workshops on nutritional edpidemology, duet survey, research, entrepreneurship in nutrition and diabetics and other topics, the official website stated.
Medals would also be awarded to those who show excellece in the field of nutrition. Among the awards are the K.G. Naidu Medical Trust Award for therapeutic nutrition, J.N. Bose Memorial Award for community nutrition, Sagarmal Goenka Award for experimental nutrition, A.N. Radha Award for best paper from practicing dietician and IDA Presindent's Award for the poster session.
The IDA was founded in 1963, by a group of like-minded nutritionists, dietitians and workers in the allied health fields seeking to highlight the importance of dietetics and nutrition in the maintenance of health, and in the prevention and treatment of diseases. Professor Kalyan Bagchi was the organization's first secretary and Dr C. Gopalan served as its president. The association, with its headquarters in Kolkatta, was affiliated to the International congress of Dietetics in 1975.
NIN Director Dr B. Sesikeran told The Hindu that IDA is planning to set up a special council that would oversee the standards and guidelines for those in the profession.
"This body could be made responsible for overseeing nutrition and dietetics education across the country and function on the lines of the Medical Council of India," he said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- WHO Races to Release Ebola Serum in 2 Weeks, Vaccines in January
- Canadian Ebola Drug: Tekmira Firm Starts Limited Manufacturing of Vaccine, Available By December; Shares Up
- Travel Alert: Over 200 Canadians Infected with Mosquito-Borne Chikungunya Virus
- US Dedicates 5 Airports for Travellers From Ebola-Stricken Nations, Lawmakers Want Travel Ban
- WHO Declares Nigeria Ebola-Free, Urges Other Nations To Replicate Success Story
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier