Indian Dietetic Association To Hold Golden Jubilee Celebration On Nov 29
By ambrosia sabrina | November 26, 2012 7:13 PM EST
The Indian Dietetic Association (IDA) will hold a three-day Golden Jubilee Conference in association with the National Institute of Nutrition (NIN) in Hyderabad.
The theme for this year's conference, which will begin Nov 29, is "Indian diets and health: In retrospect and prospect". The conference will include plenary lectures, oral presentations, poster sessions and workshops on nutritional edpidemology, duet survey, research, entrepreneurship in nutrition and diabetics and other topics, the official website stated.
Medals would also be awarded to those who show excellece in the field of nutrition. Among the awards are the K.G. Naidu Medical Trust Award for therapeutic nutrition, J.N. Bose Memorial Award for community nutrition, Sagarmal Goenka Award for experimental nutrition, A.N. Radha Award for best paper from practicing dietician and IDA Presindent's Award for the poster session.
The IDA was founded in 1963, by a group of like-minded nutritionists, dietitians and workers in the allied health fields seeking to highlight the importance of dietetics and nutrition in the maintenance of health, and in the prevention and treatment of diseases. Professor Kalyan Bagchi was the organization's first secretary and Dr C. Gopalan served as its president. The association, with its headquarters in Kolkatta, was affiliated to the International congress of Dietetics in 1975.
NIN Director Dr B. Sesikeran told The Hindu that IDA is planning to set up a special council that would oversee the standards and guidelines for those in the profession.
"This body could be made responsible for overseeing nutrition and dietetics education across the country and function on the lines of the Medical Council of India," he said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Back To Herself After Struggling With Hyperemesis Gravidarum
- Ebola Vaccine: Johnson & Johnson Confident Of Human Trials In January And Market Delivery in May Next Year
- 12 Terrifyingly Healthy Halloween Treats
- New York Doctor Tests Positive For Ebola
- ‘Death Sentence’ For 50,000 Australians With The Refusal Of Costly Hep C Treatment
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28