Indian Dietetic Association To Hold Golden Jubilee Celebration On Nov 29
By ambrosia sabrina | November 26, 2012 7:13 PM EST
The Indian Dietetic Association (IDA) will hold a three-day Golden Jubilee Conference in association with the National Institute of Nutrition (NIN) in Hyderabad.
The theme for this year's conference, which will begin Nov 29, is "Indian diets and health: In retrospect and prospect". The conference will include plenary lectures, oral presentations, poster sessions and workshops on nutritional edpidemology, duet survey, research, entrepreneurship in nutrition and diabetics and other topics, the official website stated.
Medals would also be awarded to those who show excellece in the field of nutrition. Among the awards are the K.G. Naidu Medical Trust Award for therapeutic nutrition, J.N. Bose Memorial Award for community nutrition, Sagarmal Goenka Award for experimental nutrition, A.N. Radha Award for best paper from practicing dietician and IDA Presindent's Award for the poster session.
The IDA was founded in 1963, by a group of like-minded nutritionists, dietitians and workers in the allied health fields seeking to highlight the importance of dietetics and nutrition in the maintenance of health, and in the prevention and treatment of diseases. Professor Kalyan Bagchi was the organization's first secretary and Dr C. Gopalan served as its president. The association, with its headquarters in Kolkatta, was affiliated to the International congress of Dietetics in 1975.
NIN Director Dr B. Sesikeran told The Hindu that IDA is planning to set up a special council that would oversee the standards and guidelines for those in the profession.
"This body could be made responsible for overseeing nutrition and dietetics education across the country and function on the lines of the Medical Council of India," he said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- New String Of Ebola In The Democratic Republic Of The Congo; DFAT Advises Against Travel
- Sex Change Surgery Gets Enhanced Cover From US Insurance Firms: Obama Regime's Policy Change Became The Trigger
- From 30-Inch To 16-Inch Waistline, Woman Shrinks Self With Corset [Video]
- Chilling: Ebola Spreads Through Sneeze and Cough Droplets And Toilet Seats
- Sex With 20 Women Or More Reduces Risk Of Prostate Cancer, Canadian Research Says
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight