Mahindra Shares Decline 2.9% on Aston Martin Bid
November 26, 2012 7:06 PM EST
Shares in Mahindra & Mahindra(MAHM.NS) drop as much as 2.9 percent after reports that the automaker has entered into a takeover deal with an Italian private equity fund for 50 percent of British luxury car maker Aston Martin.
Brokerage Edelweiss says in a note Aston Martin would require significant investments in research and development, and benefits of technology transfer to the Indian tractor and utility vehicle maker's product portfolio was "questionable" given little similarity between portfolios. Edelweiss says it views the bid with caution, but maintains its "buy" rating with a target price of 1,027 rupees on Mahindra stock.
Mahindra & Mahindra shares have gained 7.9 percent this month as on Friday's close. The stock was down 2.78 percent at 927.50 rupees at 12:12 p.m.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff