Justin Bieber Gets Beat by Psy as King of YouTube
By Diadem Pambid | November 26, 2012 5:12 PM EST
Op op op op! Despite of being the big winner at the last 2012 American Music Awards, Justin Bieber has been dethroned by the 34-year-old Gangman style singer, Psy. Psy who has been wildly famous for the highly infectious song, Oppa Gangnam Style, has been crowned the new "King of Youtube."
The Canadian crooner, Bieber, has been holding the top spot since July 2010 with his first music video "Baby" which had 804,957,342 hits. However, "Beliebers" failed to make Justin the number one for 2012 because all the hits on Justin's latest music videos have not been enough. All thanks to that, Korean singer, Psy and his catchy track with over 817,718,481 hits, of which was potsed last July 2012, has won the award for "King of YouTube."
The "Gangman" sensation will be surely be a part of the pop culture of today until the next generation. Even with the song four months old, the "Gangnam Sensation" continues to rock the globe. In fact, a lot of big time stars have been seen dancing with Psy on stage like Madonna, MC Hammer, Britney Spears and even the cast of "Jersey Shore." The said song has been highly-infectious and is said to be the Korean version of Carly Rae Jepsen's hit song, "Call Me Maybe."
For those who don't know, Psy and Beiber are managed by Scooter Braun. Ironically, this could be a win-loss situation for the manager. Still, Justin wouldn't be feeling so sour with just the title of "King of YouTube" taken away from him. With Justin's latest feed and posts on Instagram, the 18-year old could be named "King of Instagram" instead.
As for Psy, the South Korean singer has been nothing but extremely happy on the success of "Gangnam Style." Joining the bandwagon of celebrities, Psy hit up Twitter to tweet the success of the music video.
"#GangnamStyle just became the most watched video on YouTube!!" tweeted Psy on November 24, along with the hashtag "#History."
Justin Bieber appears to be losing his touch and his "Beliebers" are losing out on the support as well. Hopefully, 2013 promises something better for the 18-year old singer. For now, Psy better celebrate that award before someone else nabs it from him.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop