Justin Bieber Gets Beat by Psy as King of YouTube
By Diadem Pambid | November 26, 2012 5:12 PM EST
Op op op op! Despite of being the big winner at the last 2012 American Music Awards, Justin Bieber has been dethroned by the 34-year-old Gangman style singer, Psy. Psy who has been wildly famous for the highly infectious song, Oppa Gangnam Style, has been crowned the new "King of Youtube."
The Canadian crooner, Bieber, has been holding the top spot since July 2010 with his first music video "Baby" which had 804,957,342 hits. However, "Beliebers" failed to make Justin the number one for 2012 because all the hits on Justin's latest music videos have not been enough. All thanks to that, Korean singer, Psy and his catchy track with over 817,718,481 hits, of which was potsed last July 2012, has won the award for "King of YouTube."
The "Gangman" sensation will be surely be a part of the pop culture of today until the next generation. Even with the song four months old, the "Gangnam Sensation" continues to rock the globe. In fact, a lot of big time stars have been seen dancing with Psy on stage like Madonna, MC Hammer, Britney Spears and even the cast of "Jersey Shore." The said song has been highly-infectious and is said to be the Korean version of Carly Rae Jepsen's hit song, "Call Me Maybe."
For those who don't know, Psy and Beiber are managed by Scooter Braun. Ironically, this could be a win-loss situation for the manager. Still, Justin wouldn't be feeling so sour with just the title of "King of YouTube" taken away from him. With Justin's latest feed and posts on Instagram, the 18-year old could be named "King of Instagram" instead.
As for Psy, the South Korean singer has been nothing but extremely happy on the success of "Gangnam Style." Joining the bandwagon of celebrities, Psy hit up Twitter to tweet the success of the music video.
"#GangnamStyle just became the most watched video on YouTube!!" tweeted Psy on November 24, along with the hashtag "#History."
Justin Bieber appears to be losing his touch and his "Beliebers" are losing out on the support as well. Hopefully, 2013 promises something better for the 18-year old singer. For now, Psy better celebrate that award before someone else nabs it from him.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features