Justin Bieber Gets Beat by Psy as King of YouTube
By Diadem Pambid | November 26, 2012 5:12 PM EST
Op op op op! Despite of being the big winner at the last 2012 American Music Awards, Justin Bieber has been dethroned by the 34-year-old Gangman style singer, Psy. Psy who has been wildly famous for the highly infectious song, Oppa Gangnam Style, has been crowned the new "King of Youtube."
The Canadian crooner, Bieber, has been holding the top spot since July 2010 with his first music video "Baby" which had 804,957,342 hits. However, "Beliebers" failed to make Justin the number one for 2012 because all the hits on Justin's latest music videos have not been enough. All thanks to that, Korean singer, Psy and his catchy track with over 817,718,481 hits, of which was potsed last July 2012, has won the award for "King of YouTube."
The "Gangman" sensation will be surely be a part of the pop culture of today until the next generation. Even with the song four months old, the "Gangnam Sensation" continues to rock the globe. In fact, a lot of big time stars have been seen dancing with Psy on stage like Madonna, MC Hammer, Britney Spears and even the cast of "Jersey Shore." The said song has been highly-infectious and is said to be the Korean version of Carly Rae Jepsen's hit song, "Call Me Maybe."
For those who don't know, Psy and Beiber are managed by Scooter Braun. Ironically, this could be a win-loss situation for the manager. Still, Justin wouldn't be feeling so sour with just the title of "King of YouTube" taken away from him. With Justin's latest feed and posts on Instagram, the 18-year old could be named "King of Instagram" instead.
As for Psy, the South Korean singer has been nothing but extremely happy on the success of "Gangnam Style." Joining the bandwagon of celebrities, Psy hit up Twitter to tweet the success of the music video.
"#GangnamStyle just became the most watched video on YouTube!!" tweeted Psy on November 24, along with the hashtag "#History."
Justin Bieber appears to be losing his touch and his "Beliebers" are losing out on the support as well. Hopefully, 2013 promises something better for the 18-year old singer. For now, Psy better celebrate that award before someone else nabs it from him.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments