Justin Bieber Gets Beat by Psy as King of YouTube
By Diadem Pambid | November 26, 2012 5:12 PM EST
Op op op op! Despite of being the big winner at the last 2012 American Music Awards, Justin Bieber has been dethroned by the 34-year-old Gangman style singer, Psy. Psy who has been wildly famous for the highly infectious song, Oppa Gangnam Style, has been crowned the new "King of Youtube."
The Canadian crooner, Bieber, has been holding the top spot since July 2010 with his first music video "Baby" which had 804,957,342 hits. However, "Beliebers" failed to make Justin the number one for 2012 because all the hits on Justin's latest music videos have not been enough. All thanks to that, Korean singer, Psy and his catchy track with over 817,718,481 hits, of which was potsed last July 2012, has won the award for "King of YouTube."
The "Gangman" sensation will be surely be a part of the pop culture of today until the next generation. Even with the song four months old, the "Gangnam Sensation" continues to rock the globe. In fact, a lot of big time stars have been seen dancing with Psy on stage like Madonna, MC Hammer, Britney Spears and even the cast of "Jersey Shore." The said song has been highly-infectious and is said to be the Korean version of Carly Rae Jepsen's hit song, "Call Me Maybe."
For those who don't know, Psy and Beiber are managed by Scooter Braun. Ironically, this could be a win-loss situation for the manager. Still, Justin wouldn't be feeling so sour with just the title of "King of YouTube" taken away from him. With Justin's latest feed and posts on Instagram, the 18-year old could be named "King of Instagram" instead.
As for Psy, the South Korean singer has been nothing but extremely happy on the success of "Gangnam Style." Joining the bandwagon of celebrities, Psy hit up Twitter to tweet the success of the music video.
"#GangnamStyle just became the most watched video on YouTube!!" tweeted Psy on November 24, along with the hashtag "#History."
Justin Bieber appears to be losing his touch and his "Beliebers" are losing out on the support as well. Hopefully, 2013 promises something better for the 18-year old singer. For now, Psy better celebrate that award before someone else nabs it from him.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown