Justin Bieber Gets Beat by Psy as King of YouTube
By Diadem Pambid | November 26, 2012 5:12 PM EST
Op op op op! Despite of being the big winner at the last 2012 American Music Awards, Justin Bieber has been dethroned by the 34-year-old Gangman style singer, Psy. Psy who has been wildly famous for the highly infectious song, Oppa Gangnam Style, has been crowned the new "King of Youtube."
The Canadian crooner, Bieber, has been holding the top spot since July 2010 with his first music video "Baby" which had 804,957,342 hits. However, "Beliebers" failed to make Justin the number one for 2012 because all the hits on Justin's latest music videos have not been enough. All thanks to that, Korean singer, Psy and his catchy track with over 817,718,481 hits, of which was potsed last July 2012, has won the award for "King of YouTube."
The "Gangman" sensation will be surely be a part of the pop culture of today until the next generation. Even with the song four months old, the "Gangnam Sensation" continues to rock the globe. In fact, a lot of big time stars have been seen dancing with Psy on stage like Madonna, MC Hammer, Britney Spears and even the cast of "Jersey Shore." The said song has been highly-infectious and is said to be the Korean version of Carly Rae Jepsen's hit song, "Call Me Maybe."
For those who don't know, Psy and Beiber are managed by Scooter Braun. Ironically, this could be a win-loss situation for the manager. Still, Justin wouldn't be feeling so sour with just the title of "King of YouTube" taken away from him. With Justin's latest feed and posts on Instagram, the 18-year old could be named "King of Instagram" instead.
As for Psy, the South Korean singer has been nothing but extremely happy on the success of "Gangnam Style." Joining the bandwagon of celebrities, Psy hit up Twitter to tweet the success of the music video.
"#GangnamStyle just became the most watched video on YouTube!!" tweeted Psy on November 24, along with the hashtag "#History."
Justin Bieber appears to be losing his touch and his "Beliebers" are losing out on the support as well. Hopefully, 2013 promises something better for the 18-year old singer. For now, Psy better celebrate that award before someone else nabs it from him.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery