Oscar Buzz: 'Silver Lining Playbook' Neck-and-Neck with 'Life of Pi'
By Diadem Pambid | November 26, 2012 4:22 PM EST
Jennifer Lawrence is in for another Oscar-worthy ride because news has it the Oscar buzz is high for the actresses' wildly acclaimed film.
If fans are thinking it's all thanks to "The Hunger Games", well that's where it all goes wrong. The film that has gotten Lawrence another shot at the Oscars is the heart-wrenching yet incredibly hilarious "Silver Linings Playbook." Yet, not so fast on the Oscar, Miss Lawrence because "Life of Pi" is also gaining on the Oscar points.
"Hunger Games" star, Jennifer Lawrence might have shot up to fame all thanks to the film adaptation of Suzanne Collins best-selling novels. However, the actress was already a popular actress in Hollywood all thanks to the film "Winter's Bone" of which Lawrence had been nominated for an Oscar as Best Actress. Despite losing the award to Natalie Portman of "Black Swan", Lawrence's film career only skyrocketed more.
All thanks to catching the role of Katniss Everdeen in "The Hunger Games", Jennifer has been stalked by the paparazzi and well-obsessed fans. Now, thanks to another award-winning role opposite the "Hottest Man Alive of 2011", Bradley Cooper, Lawrence might be in for another Oscar nomination. Yet, not so fast though because another film fighting against "The Silver Linings Playbook" for an Oscar Buzz is "Life of Pi" by Ang Lee.
Film critics have been consistent with reviews claiming both films to be virtually stimulating and aesthetically satisfying but of course only one film can truly be on top. "Silver Linings Playbook" and "Life of Pi" have both been pegged as Best Picture. However, other films also said to be in the running for the Oscar Awards include "Argo", "Hitchcock", "Les Miserables" and "Lincoln."
Lawrence name has once again been widely discussed as a potential contender for Best Actress alongside other Hollywood names, Anne Hathaway and Keira Knightley. As for Lawrence's onscreen partner, Bradley Cooper has a low chance of getting nominated for Best Actor. Other actors in the Oscar buzz for the said award are Hugh Jackman of "Les Miserables" and Anthony Hopkins of "Hitchcock."
The Oscars are a few months away and other films who wish to be in the running better manage to beat the virtually appealing films, "Silver Linings Playbook", "Life of Pi", "Les Miserables" and "Hitchcock."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'