Oscar Buzz: 'Silver Lining Playbook' Neck-and-Neck with 'Life of Pi'
By Diadem Pambid | November 26, 2012 4:22 PM EST
Jennifer Lawrence is in for another Oscar-worthy ride because news has it the Oscar buzz is high for the actresses' wildly acclaimed film.
If fans are thinking it's all thanks to "The Hunger Games", well that's where it all goes wrong. The film that has gotten Lawrence another shot at the Oscars is the heart-wrenching yet incredibly hilarious "Silver Linings Playbook." Yet, not so fast on the Oscar, Miss Lawrence because "Life of Pi" is also gaining on the Oscar points.
"Hunger Games" star, Jennifer Lawrence might have shot up to fame all thanks to the film adaptation of Suzanne Collins best-selling novels. However, the actress was already a popular actress in Hollywood all thanks to the film "Winter's Bone" of which Lawrence had been nominated for an Oscar as Best Actress. Despite losing the award to Natalie Portman of "Black Swan", Lawrence's film career only skyrocketed more.
All thanks to catching the role of Katniss Everdeen in "The Hunger Games", Jennifer has been stalked by the paparazzi and well-obsessed fans. Now, thanks to another award-winning role opposite the "Hottest Man Alive of 2011", Bradley Cooper, Lawrence might be in for another Oscar nomination. Yet, not so fast though because another film fighting against "The Silver Linings Playbook" for an Oscar Buzz is "Life of Pi" by Ang Lee.
Film critics have been consistent with reviews claiming both films to be virtually stimulating and aesthetically satisfying but of course only one film can truly be on top. "Silver Linings Playbook" and "Life of Pi" have both been pegged as Best Picture. However, other films also said to be in the running for the Oscar Awards include "Argo", "Hitchcock", "Les Miserables" and "Lincoln."
Lawrence name has once again been widely discussed as a potential contender for Best Actress alongside other Hollywood names, Anne Hathaway and Keira Knightley. As for Lawrence's onscreen partner, Bradley Cooper has a low chance of getting nominated for Best Actor. Other actors in the Oscar buzz for the said award are Hugh Jackman of "Les Miserables" and Anthony Hopkins of "Hitchcock."
The Oscars are a few months away and other films who wish to be in the running better manage to beat the virtually appealing films, "Silver Linings Playbook", "Life of Pi", "Les Miserables" and "Hitchcock."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown