Cyber Monday Deal: Amazon Sells Black Nokia Lumia 920 on AT&T for $0.01
By Erik Pineda | November 26, 2012 4:04 PM EST
Trust Amazon to deliver the best gadget deal these days, which is especially true in the case of Nokia Lumia 920 hunters.
Anyone in the United States looking for the black edition of the handset need to point their browser to this link now: http://www.amazonwireless.com/dp/B00A2V7BA4/ref=as_li_tf_tl?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00A2V7BA4&linkCode=as2&tag=wwwgforgamesc-20.
As you can see, the giant online retailer is practically giving out a gadget steal for consumers willing to be tied up for a 2-year contract with U.S. telco AT&T, and all they need to do is make a one-off payment of $US0.01, a package that is reserved for new subscribers of the company.
But existing AT&T customers will not be left out as Amazon only require them to pay $US19.99 to upgrade and own the same Windows Phone 8-powererd smartphone, current stocks of which have already sold out, according to media reports.
That should explain the minimum two-week period of waiting for the handset generally well-received by tech experts save for its Achilles-heel - too few apps for users to be hooked with the reinvigorated Microsoft ecosystem.
"Due to overwhelming demand, shipment estimates may be longer than one to two weeks. Orders for this device will ship when available," the Amazon notice said
Nonetheless, Amazon appears assured by Nokia' inventory support of keeping the inflows of Lumia 920 in the face of the expected deluge of orders for the blockbuster deal as the company did not state any supply limitations at the moment.
The Lumia 920 itself is not about limitation, according to PC Tablet, as the handset "boasts of a PureMotion HD+ 4.5-inch display with a resolution of 1280-by-768 pixels which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 2. It has in its heart a dual-core 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 processor, 32GB internal storage, NFC chip, 2,000mAh battery, and Qi wireless charging."
But the most compelling reason to own this Nokia flagship phone is the 8.7MP PureView camera technology that also came with Carl Zeiss lens. This video and image shooter produces clips and pictures that are HD and stabilised, thanks to this cutting-edge Nokia technology, tech reviews said.
While there is a near WP8 competitor in the form of HTC's Windows Phone 8X, "the Lumia 920 is heftier and sturdy . . . and is priced less," PC Tablet said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Air New Zealand Flies Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
- Solution to Your Old Unwanted Phones Comes with MobileMuster Scheme
- IBM Named Leader in Worldwide Managed Security Services
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6