Cyber Monday Deal: Amazon Sells Black Nokia Lumia 920 on AT&T for $0.01
By Erik Pineda | November 26, 2012 4:04 PM EST
Trust Amazon to deliver the best gadget deal these days, which is especially true in the case of Nokia Lumia 920 hunters.
Anyone in the United States looking for the black edition of the handset need to point their browser to this link now: http://www.amazonwireless.com/dp/B00A2V7BA4/ref=as_li_tf_tl?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00A2V7BA4&linkCode=as2&tag=wwwgforgamesc-20.
As you can see, the giant online retailer is practically giving out a gadget steal for consumers willing to be tied up for a 2-year contract with U.S. telco AT&T, and all they need to do is make a one-off payment of $US0.01, a package that is reserved for new subscribers of the company.
But existing AT&T customers will not be left out as Amazon only require them to pay $US19.99 to upgrade and own the same Windows Phone 8-powererd smartphone, current stocks of which have already sold out, according to media reports.
That should explain the minimum two-week period of waiting for the handset generally well-received by tech experts save for its Achilles-heel - too few apps for users to be hooked with the reinvigorated Microsoft ecosystem.
"Due to overwhelming demand, shipment estimates may be longer than one to two weeks. Orders for this device will ship when available," the Amazon notice said
Nonetheless, Amazon appears assured by Nokia' inventory support of keeping the inflows of Lumia 920 in the face of the expected deluge of orders for the blockbuster deal as the company did not state any supply limitations at the moment.
The Lumia 920 itself is not about limitation, according to PC Tablet, as the handset "boasts of a PureMotion HD+ 4.5-inch display with a resolution of 1280-by-768 pixels which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 2. It has in its heart a dual-core 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 processor, 32GB internal storage, NFC chip, 2,000mAh battery, and Qi wireless charging."
But the most compelling reason to own this Nokia flagship phone is the 8.7MP PureView camera technology that also came with Carl Zeiss lens. This video and image shooter produces clips and pictures that are HD and stabilised, thanks to this cutting-edge Nokia technology, tech reviews said.
While there is a near WP8 competitor in the form of HTC's Windows Phone 8X, "the Lumia 920 is heftier and sturdy . . . and is priced less," PC Tablet said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Vodafone Buys Ericsson Equipment to Replace 5-Year-Old Network Technologies
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Shares Reach $100 Mark Since Stock Split; First Flagship Store in Middle East May Open Soon
- Small Businesses Claim Positive Financial Situation but Negative on Outlook
- Perfume Maker Elizabeth Arden Blames Poor Q4 Financial Results on Justin Bieber Scent
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6