Cyber Monday Deal: Amazon Sells Black Nokia Lumia 920 on AT&T for $0.01
By Erik Pineda | November 26, 2012 4:04 PM EST
Trust Amazon to deliver the best gadget deal these days, which is especially true in the case of Nokia Lumia 920 hunters.
Anyone in the United States looking for the black edition of the handset need to point their browser to this link now: http://www.amazonwireless.com/dp/B00A2V7BA4/ref=as_li_tf_tl?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00A2V7BA4&linkCode=as2&tag=wwwgforgamesc-20.
As you can see, the giant online retailer is practically giving out a gadget steal for consumers willing to be tied up for a 2-year contract with U.S. telco AT&T, and all they need to do is make a one-off payment of $US0.01, a package that is reserved for new subscribers of the company.
But existing AT&T customers will not be left out as Amazon only require them to pay $US19.99 to upgrade and own the same Windows Phone 8-powererd smartphone, current stocks of which have already sold out, according to media reports.
That should explain the minimum two-week period of waiting for the handset generally well-received by tech experts save for its Achilles-heel - too few apps for users to be hooked with the reinvigorated Microsoft ecosystem.
"Due to overwhelming demand, shipment estimates may be longer than one to two weeks. Orders for this device will ship when available," the Amazon notice said
Nonetheless, Amazon appears assured by Nokia' inventory support of keeping the inflows of Lumia 920 in the face of the expected deluge of orders for the blockbuster deal as the company did not state any supply limitations at the moment.
The Lumia 920 itself is not about limitation, according to PC Tablet, as the handset "boasts of a PureMotion HD+ 4.5-inch display with a resolution of 1280-by-768 pixels which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 2. It has in its heart a dual-core 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 processor, 32GB internal storage, NFC chip, 2,000mAh battery, and Qi wireless charging."
But the most compelling reason to own this Nokia flagship phone is the 8.7MP PureView camera technology that also came with Carl Zeiss lens. This video and image shooter produces clips and pictures that are HD and stabilised, thanks to this cutting-edge Nokia technology, tech reviews said.
While there is a near WP8 competitor in the form of HTC's Windows Phone 8X, "the Lumia 920 is heftier and sturdy . . . and is priced less," PC Tablet said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family