Katt Williams Sued By Fans Over Botched Stand-Up Show
By Eric Brown | November 26, 2012 12:11 PM EST
Comedian Katt Williams is being sued by a group of fans over an allegedly botched stand-up show in Oakland, Calif.
The class-action lawsuit targets both Williams and his show’s promoter, Live Nation, for a performance taking place in Oakland on Nov. 16, according to TMZ. The lawsuit was filed by Brian Herline on Wednesday.
According to the suit, Williams was onstage for all of 10 minutes before the comedian stormed offstage. Reportedly, Williams delivered almost no comedic material during that time, but instead "confronted a heckler, took his clothes off, and attempted to fight at least three audience members."
Apparently, fans were extremely disappointed by the “nonperformance,” which explains the legal action being taken against Williams. In recent years, Williams has become known for bizarre behavior at his stand-up shows.
In August of last year, Williams reportedly launched a tirade against an audience member of Mexican descent, at one point yelling, "So if you love Mexico, bitch, get the f--k over there!" Williams refused to apologize for the incident, citing his patriotism and love of America as a defense for his actions.
This lawsuit is not the first bit of legal trouble to come Williams' way this month. Two days before the botched stand-up performance, the comedian was arrested on suspicion of battery in Oakland after allegedly getting into a fight at a club and hitting a man over the head with a glass bottle, as noted by TMZ.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet