Katt Williams Sued By Fans Over Botched Stand-Up Show
By Eric Brown | November 26, 2012 12:11 PM EST
Comedian Katt Williams is being sued by a group of fans over an allegedly botched stand-up show in Oakland, Calif.
The class-action lawsuit targets both Williams and his show’s promoter, Live Nation, for a performance taking place in Oakland on Nov. 16, according to TMZ. The lawsuit was filed by Brian Herline on Wednesday.
According to the suit, Williams was onstage for all of 10 minutes before the comedian stormed offstage. Reportedly, Williams delivered almost no comedic material during that time, but instead "confronted a heckler, took his clothes off, and attempted to fight at least three audience members."
Apparently, fans were extremely disappointed by the “nonperformance,” which explains the legal action being taken against Williams. In recent years, Williams has become known for bizarre behavior at his stand-up shows.
In August of last year, Williams reportedly launched a tirade against an audience member of Mexican descent, at one point yelling, "So if you love Mexico, bitch, get the f--k over there!" Williams refused to apologize for the incident, citing his patriotism and love of America as a defense for his actions.
This lawsuit is not the first bit of legal trouble to come Williams' way this month. Two days before the botched stand-up performance, the comedian was arrested on suspicion of battery in Oakland after allegedly getting into a fight at a club and hitting a man over the head with a glass bottle, as noted by TMZ.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch