Katt Williams Sued By Fans Over Botched Stand-Up Show
By Eric Brown | November 26, 2012 12:11 PM EST
Comedian Katt Williams is being sued by a group of fans over an allegedly botched stand-up show in Oakland, Calif.
The class-action lawsuit targets both Williams and his show’s promoter, Live Nation, for a performance taking place in Oakland on Nov. 16, according to TMZ. The lawsuit was filed by Brian Herline on Wednesday.
According to the suit, Williams was onstage for all of 10 minutes before the comedian stormed offstage. Reportedly, Williams delivered almost no comedic material during that time, but instead "confronted a heckler, took his clothes off, and attempted to fight at least three audience members."
Apparently, fans were extremely disappointed by the “nonperformance,” which explains the legal action being taken against Williams. In recent years, Williams has become known for bizarre behavior at his stand-up shows.
In August of last year, Williams reportedly launched a tirade against an audience member of Mexican descent, at one point yelling, "So if you love Mexico, bitch, get the f--k over there!" Williams refused to apologize for the incident, citing his patriotism and love of America as a defense for his actions.
This lawsuit is not the first bit of legal trouble to come Williams' way this month. Two days before the botched stand-up performance, the comedian was arrested on suspicion of battery in Oakland after allegedly getting into a fight at a club and hitting a man over the head with a glass bottle, as noted by TMZ.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’