Charlie Sheen Gifts Lindsay Lohan $100K For Back Taxes
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 26, 2012 9:12 AM EST
It’s no secret Lindsay Lohan has had her fair share of legal troubles over the past few years. But it now appears Lohan may be getting some help from a very unlikely source: Charlie Sheen.
This year, the U.S. Internal Revenue Service filed two liens against Lohan, saying she owed roughly $250,000 in back taxes for the years 2009 and 2010, according to Forbes. While Lohan has reportedly been working to repay the debts herself, she recently received a check from Charlie Sheen for $100,000 to help cover the back taxes, TMZ reported.
Sheen and Lohan reportedly became very close while filming “Scary Movie 5” this fall. At one point, Lohan appears to have told Sheen all about her trouble with back taxes, and Sheen seems to have been more than willing to help out.
Reportedly, Lohan at first declined the offer of help from Sheen, who at one point was the highest-paid actor on television, thanks to the CBS situation comedy “Two and a Half Men.” This week, however, Lohan appears to have accepted the check for $100,000 that showed up at her agent’s office.
It's a generous move by Sheen, but one that may be entierely understandable. Sheen himself is no stranger to either legal trouble or unfavorable media coverage. Last year, Sheen suffered a highly public "meltdown," involving his cocaine use and eventual firing from "Two and a Half Men," that saw the star granting increasingly bizarre interviews about his "tiger's blood." Sheen seems to be much more stable at this juncture, however.
Now, with the financial assistance of Sheen and a move to New York, Lohan said that she’s working on getting her act together.
The “Mean Girls” star reportedly told Us Weekly, "Kids go through ups and downs, try drugs, cigarettes and drinking. It’s human nature. It took a while, but it’s like, ‘What was I thinking? Why did I allow so many sycophants and bad influences to be around me?’ I was lonely and didn’t realize it.”
Lohan added: “That’s why I came back home to New York. I never feel lonely there. I see my family and have really good people in my life."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports