Green Bay Packers vs. New York Giants: Where to Watch Free Live Stream Online, Preview, Prediction
November 26, 2012 9:09 AM EST
The Week 12 Sunday Night Football matchup features a pair of the NFC’s first place teams.
The Green Bay Packers will visit the New York Giants for an 8:20 p.m. ET kick-off on NBC. You can watch a free live stream online with SNF Extra.
New York currently has a 1.5-game lead in the NFC East. At 6-4, they are trying to fight off surges from the Washington Redskins and Dallas Cowboys.
Green Bay entered Sunday tied with the Chicago Bears in first place of the NFC North at 7-3. The Bears beat the Minnesota Vikings earlier in the afternoon.
The outcome of the game might be determined by the play of the quarterbacks. The contest will feature two of the league’s best in Eli Manning and Aaron Rodgers. Manning and the Giants took the victory in the last meeting between the two teams. The Giants upset the Packers in last year’s playoffs to advance to the NFC Championship Game.
Even though Rodgers was the MVP last season, Manning’s second Super Bowl victory led some to question which players was the better quarterback. That discussion has been tempered as of late, as Manning has struggled in recent weeks. He’s thrown just one touchdown and six interceptions in his last four games.
Rodgers, once again, leads the NFL in quarterback rating. He’s been able to stay consistent, despite playing behind a below-average offensive line. He’s been sacked more times (32) than any other quarterback.
Manning hasn’t played well lately, but there’s a good chance he’ll start to turn things around this week. He’ll face a decimated Packers defense that will be missing several key players because of injuries. Linebackers Clay Matthews and cornerbacks Charles Woodson and Sam Shields will be sidelined.
The Giants are expected to win a close one. The consensus betting line at most Las Vegas sportsbooks has New York as two-point favorites at home.
Prediction: This could be a high-scoring affair, with two of the league’s best quarterbacks and worst pass defenses. The Packers are missing their best defensive players, and that could be the difference in this one.
Predicted Score: New York 38, Green Bay 35
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft