Green Bay Packers vs. New York Giants: Where to Watch Free Live Stream Online, Preview, Prediction
November 26, 2012 9:09 AM EST
The Week 12 Sunday Night Football matchup features a pair of the NFC’s first place teams.
The Green Bay Packers will visit the New York Giants for an 8:20 p.m. ET kick-off on NBC. You can watch a free live stream online with SNF Extra.
New York currently has a 1.5-game lead in the NFC East. At 6-4, they are trying to fight off surges from the Washington Redskins and Dallas Cowboys.
Green Bay entered Sunday tied with the Chicago Bears in first place of the NFC North at 7-3. The Bears beat the Minnesota Vikings earlier in the afternoon.
The outcome of the game might be determined by the play of the quarterbacks. The contest will feature two of the league’s best in Eli Manning and Aaron Rodgers. Manning and the Giants took the victory in the last meeting between the two teams. The Giants upset the Packers in last year’s playoffs to advance to the NFC Championship Game.
Even though Rodgers was the MVP last season, Manning’s second Super Bowl victory led some to question which players was the better quarterback. That discussion has been tempered as of late, as Manning has struggled in recent weeks. He’s thrown just one touchdown and six interceptions in his last four games.
Rodgers, once again, leads the NFL in quarterback rating. He’s been able to stay consistent, despite playing behind a below-average offensive line. He’s been sacked more times (32) than any other quarterback.
Manning hasn’t played well lately, but there’s a good chance he’ll start to turn things around this week. He’ll face a decimated Packers defense that will be missing several key players because of injuries. Linebackers Clay Matthews and cornerbacks Charles Woodson and Sam Shields will be sidelined.
The Giants are expected to win a close one. The consensus betting line at most Las Vegas sportsbooks has New York as two-point favorites at home.
Prediction: This could be a high-scoring affair, with two of the league’s best quarterbacks and worst pass defenses. The Packers are missing their best defensive players, and that could be the difference in this one.
Predicted Score: New York 38, Green Bay 35
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tasks Engineers to Create the Perfect Tennis Racquet [VIDEO]
- LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Renewed Hope for Blues, as Paul Pogba's Agent Revealed that 'Anything is Possible'
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Receives Mixed Reactions on Twitter
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports
- LG G2 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Guide: When to Hit Your Region and How to Install