Buffalo Bills vs Indianapolis Colts, Preview: Andrew Luck Leads Colts to Buffalo
November 26, 2012 4:10 AM EST
The Indianapolis Colts are coming off their worst loss of the season, but can continue their unlikely playoff push Sunday against the Buffalo Bills at Lucas Oil Stadium.
Andrew Luck and the Colts invaded Foxboro only to leave with a a 59-24 loss to the New England Patriots last week. Luck threw for a game-high 334 yards, but also had three interceptions to go with his two touchdowns.
Two of Luck’s picks were returned for touchdowns, and New England blew the game open in the third quarter with two touchdown passes by Tom Brady.
Before last week, the Colts were riding a four game winning streak and despite the loss they are still in the playoff hunt. Four of their remaining six games are against teams below .500, like the 4-6 Bills.
Buffalo earned their first division victory last week by beating the Miami Dolphins 19-14. Running back C.J. Spiller led the way with 91 yards on 22 carries, and cornerback Leodis McKelvin scored Buffalo’s only touchdown with a 79-yard punt return.
Buffalo had huge expectations for this season, but their defense is last in the league against the run, and 18 th against the pass, giving up 234.1 yards per game.
The defense could struggle again this week with defensive end Mark Anderson and cornerback Aaron Williams out.
Indianapolis have no major injury concerns, but they do need to concentrate on their penalties. The Colts defense is the third most penalized in the league, with 80 calls against them this year.
The game begins at 1 p.m. EDT and will be shown by CBS, or watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Betting Odds: Indianapolis is favored by 3 points
Over/Under: 51 points
Prediction: Luck and the Colts should dominate this game, but Buffalo’s Mario Williams is due for a breakout game. Unless Williams and the Bills pass rush can get to Luck, Indianapolis will win in a rout.
Predicted Score: Indianapolis 24, Buffalo 10
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]