F1 Brazil 2012: Where to Watch Live Stream Online of Formula One Grand Prix; Preview of Season Finale at Interlagos
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 26, 2012 1:28 AM EST
Sebastian Vettel grabbed the early edge on Fernando Alonso as the two battle it out for the drivers’ title in Brazil. Vettel, who carries a 13-point lead over his Ferrari rival, qualified fourth for the Grand Prix at Interlagos while Alonso will start three places further back in seventh.
It was a qualifying session dominated by McLaren as Lewis Hamilton took pole in his last race for the team before moving over to Mercedes, while teammate Jenson Button was just 0.055 seconds back in second.
“We haven’t had a one-two in a race for quite a long time [Canada 2010], so it would be a great positive for the team if we could achieve it tomorrow,” Hamilton said, according to Formula1.com. “It would be my perfect farewell, in fact.”
Both title challengers surprisingly qualified below their teammates, with Mark Webber coming in fourth and Ferrari’s Felipe Massa recording the fifth fastest time. It could have been worse for Alonso, who qualified in eighth, but will start one place better off courtesy of a 10-place grid penalty handed out to Pastor Maldonado for missing a weight check for the third time this season.
Alonso knows that he has to finish on the podium to have any chance of preventing Vettel from securing his third successive championship. The Spaniard will claim the title if he wins and Vettel finishes below fourth, comes second with the German below seventh or finish third with Vettel lower than ninth.
“I think I did a good qualifying and, given how the last few races have gone, my chances of making it to the podium are still intact,” Alonso said. “That will be my objective because I know that, at least under normal circumstances, we are not in with a chance of fighting for the win.”
Vettel, who missed the chance to wrap up the title in the United States last weekend, admitted he was somewhat disappointed with his qualifying performance, but retained optimism for his chances of becoming the youngest three-time champion.
“I could have done a little bit more, so I’m keen to see the data when I get back and see where I could have improved,” Vettel revealed. “We’re in good shape and have been quick all weekend, so let’s see what we can do in the race—we will try to do our best.”
Force India’s Nico Hulkenberg will begin one place ahead of Alonso in sixth, with Lotus’ Kimi Raikkonen, Mercedes’ Nico Rosberg and Paul di Resta in the other Force India rounding out the top 10.
The championship permutations should already be enough to keep Formula one fans riveted, but throw in the possibility for heavy rain and Sunday could truly be a day to remember.
Where to watch: The Formula One Brazilian Grand Prix gets underway at 11 a.m. ET. Coverage will be provided by Speed. Detailed timing and data will be available on Formula1.com. A live stream, which you view at your own discretion, will be available here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Men’s & Women’s 100m Final, Athletics Schedule & Results Day 2
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Rafael Nadal To Showcase Vintage Look at US Open - Report
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga