Powerball Numbers Remain Elusive For Players As Jackpot Soars To $425 Million
By VALLI MEENAKSHI RAMANATHAN | November 25, 2012 9:47 PM EST
As the Powerball numbers announced Saturday night 22-32-37-44-50 did not find matching entries, the jackpot has soared a record $425 million for the next drawing and possibly higher, NBC News has reported.
However, there were 10 winners of $1 million and one winner of $2 million, the Powerball lottery website has pointed out.
Apparently, the prize for Saturday's Powerball was $325 million, claimed to be the fourth largest in the game's history. And it is the 15th consecutive time that winners remained elusive for the winning numbers and it was identified as Powerball 34.
The current jackpot estimate of $425 million is identified to the biggest so far in the history of the multistate lottery game that is held in 42 states, Virgin Island and the District of Columbia, CNN has reported.
The next draw is scheduled to take place Wednesday.
Recent Powerball winners include an Iowa couple who won a $202 million Sept. 26. A week later, a Delaware resident picked all six numbers for a $50 million payday, NBC News has stated.
With Powerball tickets doubling in price to $2 since January, the tickets sold have decreased, but the sales revenue has increased by about 35 percent, Norm Lingle, chairman of the Powerball board of directors told NBC News.
The increase in ticket price resulted in bigger jackpot, enticing thousands to play the game.
It is not clear how festivities such as Thanksgiving and Christmas impact sales that usually picks up prior to high-dollar drawings.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine