Powerball Numbers Remain Elusive For Players As Jackpot Soars To $425 Million
By VALLI MEENAKSHI RAMANATHAN | November 25, 2012 9:47 PM EST
As the Powerball numbers announced Saturday night 22-32-37-44-50 did not find matching entries, the jackpot has soared a record $425 million for the next drawing and possibly higher, NBC News has reported.
However, there were 10 winners of $1 million and one winner of $2 million, the Powerball lottery website has pointed out.
Apparently, the prize for Saturday's Powerball was $325 million, claimed to be the fourth largest in the game's history. And it is the 15th consecutive time that winners remained elusive for the winning numbers and it was identified as Powerball 34.
The current jackpot estimate of $425 million is identified to the biggest so far in the history of the multistate lottery game that is held in 42 states, Virgin Island and the District of Columbia, CNN has reported.
The next draw is scheduled to take place Wednesday.
Recent Powerball winners include an Iowa couple who won a $202 million Sept. 26. A week later, a Delaware resident picked all six numbers for a $50 million payday, NBC News has stated.
With Powerball tickets doubling in price to $2 since January, the tickets sold have decreased, but the sales revenue has increased by about 35 percent, Norm Lingle, chairman of the Powerball board of directors told NBC News.
The increase in ticket price resulted in bigger jackpot, enticing thousands to play the game.
It is not clear how festivities such as Thanksgiving and Christmas impact sales that usually picks up prior to high-dollar drawings.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebs: Struggle With Drug Addiction
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- Parliament Passes Changes to Qantas Sale Act, Flag Carrier Will Remain Majority Australian Owned
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People