Powerball Numbers Remain Elusive For Players As Jackpot Soars To $425 Million
By VALLI MEENAKSHI RAMANATHAN | November 25, 2012 9:47 PM EST
As the Powerball numbers announced Saturday night 22-32-37-44-50 did not find matching entries, the jackpot has soared a record $425 million for the next drawing and possibly higher, NBC News has reported.
However, there were 10 winners of $1 million and one winner of $2 million, the Powerball lottery website has pointed out.
Apparently, the prize for Saturday's Powerball was $325 million, claimed to be the fourth largest in the game's history. And it is the 15th consecutive time that winners remained elusive for the winning numbers and it was identified as Powerball 34.
The current jackpot estimate of $425 million is identified to the biggest so far in the history of the multistate lottery game that is held in 42 states, Virgin Island and the District of Columbia, CNN has reported.
The next draw is scheduled to take place Wednesday.
Recent Powerball winners include an Iowa couple who won a $202 million Sept. 26. A week later, a Delaware resident picked all six numbers for a $50 million payday, NBC News has stated.
With Powerball tickets doubling in price to $2 since January, the tickets sold have decreased, but the sales revenue has increased by about 35 percent, Norm Lingle, chairman of the Powerball board of directors told NBC News.
The increase in ticket price resulted in bigger jackpot, enticing thousands to play the game.
It is not clear how festivities such as Thanksgiving and Christmas impact sales that usually picks up prior to high-dollar drawings.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop