Powerball Numbers Remain Elusive For Players As Jackpot Soars To $425 Million
By VALLI MEENAKSHI RAMANATHAN | November 25, 2012 9:47 PM EST
As the Powerball numbers announced Saturday night 22-32-37-44-50 did not find matching entries, the jackpot has soared a record $425 million for the next drawing and possibly higher, NBC News has reported.
However, there were 10 winners of $1 million and one winner of $2 million, the Powerball lottery website has pointed out.
Apparently, the prize for Saturday's Powerball was $325 million, claimed to be the fourth largest in the game's history. And it is the 15th consecutive time that winners remained elusive for the winning numbers and it was identified as Powerball 34.
The current jackpot estimate of $425 million is identified to the biggest so far in the history of the multistate lottery game that is held in 42 states, Virgin Island and the District of Columbia, CNN has reported.
The next draw is scheduled to take place Wednesday.
Recent Powerball winners include an Iowa couple who won a $202 million Sept. 26. A week later, a Delaware resident picked all six numbers for a $50 million payday, NBC News has stated.
With Powerball tickets doubling in price to $2 since January, the tickets sold have decreased, but the sales revenue has increased by about 35 percent, Norm Lingle, chairman of the Powerball board of directors told NBC News.
The increase in ticket price resulted in bigger jackpot, enticing thousands to play the game.
It is not clear how festivities such as Thanksgiving and Christmas impact sales that usually picks up prior to high-dollar drawings.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery