Swansea City v Liverpool: Where to Watch Live, Preview and Teams
By Vishnuprasad S | November 25, 2012 7:09 PM EST
Brendan Rodgers takes Liverpool to visit Wales for a match against Swansea City. This will be the Northern Irishman's first return to the Liberty Stadium since leaving the Swans for Anfield in the summer.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 1.30pm GMT. Live coverage is available on Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports HD 1. Watch highlights of the game on Match of the Day 2 on BBC One and BBC One HD at 10.25pm GMT.
Rodgers, who accepted the chance to succeed Kenny Dalglish at Liverpool, is expected to receive a warm welcome from his former side's supporters and players, after guiding the Welsh outfit to the Premier League last year and finishing 11th in their debut season in the English top flight.
Swansea's new boss, Michael Laudrup, has continued Rodgers' impressive work as the team now sit 10th in the Premier League with 16 points, two places and one point above the Reds.
The Swans will go into this tie on the back of a four-match unbeaten run, a streak that includes a 3-1 win at Anfield in the League Cup in October, which knocked the defending champions out of the competition. Liverpool, on the other hand, have triumphed just once in their past seven games but also boast a seven-match unbeaten run in the Premier League.
In the midweek fixture, Rodgers' men were held to a 2-2 draw at Anfield by BSC Young Boys in their Europa League clash, a result that put the Reds' qualification hopes in the balance. Meanwhile, Swansea beat Newcastle United 2-1 at St James' Park, in a pulsating game that Laudrup hailed as their best away performance of the season.
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): W D D W L
- Last Match: Newcastle United 1 - 2 Swansea City
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): D W D L D
- Last Match: Liverpool 2 - 2 BSC Young Boys
Swansea City: Influential midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng, who missed last week's game at St James' Park with a hamstring problem, is back in the squad, while defender Kyle Bartley returns from a lengthy absence with a thigh injury. No. 1 stopper Michel Vorm, who was out with a groin strain, is still two weeks away from full fitness but forwards Danny Graham, Luke Moore and wing-back Ben Davies have all recovered from illness and should be available, provided they clear late fitness tests. Wing-back Neil Taylor remains sidelined and is unlikely to feature again this season.
Probable Line-up (4-3-3): Tremmel; Rangel, Williams, Chico, Davies; Britton, Ki, de Guzman; Hernandez, Michu, Dyer
Liverpool: Wing-back Andre Wisdom, who sustained a knee injury against Young Boys, faces a late fitness test but the 19-year-old is expected to pass it. Rodgers will restore the likes of Steven Gerrard, Luis Suarez and Daniel Agger to the starting line-up, after resting them in midweek as usual. Long-term absentees Fabio Borini and Martin Kelly remain sidelined, while this match has come too soon for Lucas Leiva, as the Brazilian nears his return to the first team, after playing 45 minutes for the U21s.
Probable Line-up (4-3-3): Reina; Wisdom, Agger, Skrtel, Johnson; Allen, Gerrard, Suso; Sterling, Suarez, Enrique
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wants To Talk To Manny Pacquiao About Super Fight If Filipino Beats Chris Algieri
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Manchester United News: Angel Di Maria’s Exit And Hummels’ Future Move
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money