Swansea City v Liverpool: Where to Watch Live, Preview and Teams
By Vishnuprasad S | November 25, 2012 7:09 PM EST
Brendan Rodgers takes Liverpool to visit Wales for a match against Swansea City. This will be the Northern Irishman's first return to the Liberty Stadium since leaving the Swans for Anfield in the summer.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 1.30pm GMT. Live coverage is available on Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports HD 1. Watch highlights of the game on Match of the Day 2 on BBC One and BBC One HD at 10.25pm GMT.
Rodgers, who accepted the chance to succeed Kenny Dalglish at Liverpool, is expected to receive a warm welcome from his former side's supporters and players, after guiding the Welsh outfit to the Premier League last year and finishing 11th in their debut season in the English top flight.
Swansea's new boss, Michael Laudrup, has continued Rodgers' impressive work as the team now sit 10th in the Premier League with 16 points, two places and one point above the Reds.
The Swans will go into this tie on the back of a four-match unbeaten run, a streak that includes a 3-1 win at Anfield in the League Cup in October, which knocked the defending champions out of the competition. Liverpool, on the other hand, have triumphed just once in their past seven games but also boast a seven-match unbeaten run in the Premier League.
In the midweek fixture, Rodgers' men were held to a 2-2 draw at Anfield by BSC Young Boys in their Europa League clash, a result that put the Reds' qualification hopes in the balance. Meanwhile, Swansea beat Newcastle United 2-1 at St James' Park, in a pulsating game that Laudrup hailed as their best away performance of the season.
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): W D D W L
- Last Match: Newcastle United 1 - 2 Swansea City
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): D W D L D
- Last Match: Liverpool 2 - 2 BSC Young Boys
Swansea City: Influential midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng, who missed last week's game at St James' Park with a hamstring problem, is back in the squad, while defender Kyle Bartley returns from a lengthy absence with a thigh injury. No. 1 stopper Michel Vorm, who was out with a groin strain, is still two weeks away from full fitness but forwards Danny Graham, Luke Moore and wing-back Ben Davies have all recovered from illness and should be available, provided they clear late fitness tests. Wing-back Neil Taylor remains sidelined and is unlikely to feature again this season.
Probable Line-up (4-3-3): Tremmel; Rangel, Williams, Chico, Davies; Britton, Ki, de Guzman; Hernandez, Michu, Dyer
Liverpool: Wing-back Andre Wisdom, who sustained a knee injury against Young Boys, faces a late fitness test but the 19-year-old is expected to pass it. Rodgers will restore the likes of Steven Gerrard, Luis Suarez and Daniel Agger to the starting line-up, after resting them in midweek as usual. Long-term absentees Fabio Borini and Martin Kelly remain sidelined, while this match has come too soon for Lucas Leiva, as the Brazilian nears his return to the first team, after playing 45 minutes for the U21s.
Probable Line-up (4-3-3): Reina; Wisdom, Agger, Skrtel, Johnson; Allen, Gerrard, Suso; Sterling, Suarez, Enrique
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2