Bjork Undergoes Successful Surgery For Vocal Cords
By Eric Brown | November 25, 2012 10:46 AM EST
Icelandic pop singer Bjork announced on her website that she underwent a successful surgery on her vocal cords.
The singer of hits such as “Army of Me” and “Hyperballad” had been diagnosed with polyps on her vocal cords several years ago, and she attempted to manage them by changing her diet and working out.
However, the polyps eventually became bad enough that Bjork had to cancel several concerts “and Biophilia residencies in Argentina, Brazil, Spain, and Portugal due to having inflamed vocal cord nodules,” according to the Inquisitr.
Bjork announced her successful vocal cord surgery in a blog post entitled “Dear Friends” on her website.
The 47-year-old singer wrote: “[F]ew years ago doctors found a vocal polyp on me chords … i decided to go the natural way and for 4 years did stretches and tackled it with different foods and what not. Then they discovered better technology and I got tempted into hi tech lazer stuff and I have to say, in my case anyway: surgery rocks! I stayed quiet for 3 weeks and then started singing and definitely feel like my chords are as good as pre nodule! It´s been very satisfying to sing all them clear notes again. im sorry i had to cancel stuff earlier in the year, didn’t want to talk about this until i knew for sure if it would work.”
Bjork got her start playing in the Icelandic punk band Kukl, touring with influential anarchist-punk act Crass. Eventually, she formed The Sugarcubes, and ultimately embarked on a successful solo career.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS