Puck From 'The Real World' Jailed For Stalking California Woman
By IBTimes Staff Reports | November 25, 2012 8:38 AM EST
A former cast member of MTV's “The Real World,” David “Puck” Rainey, has been jailed after being convicted of stalking a California woman this year.
The former reality-television personality, who appeared on "MTV Real World: San Francisco" in 1994 during the third season of the long-running series, was arrested for stalking a woman on Feb. 22, according to TMZ. The celebrity-gossip site speculated that Rainey, 44, may have violated a previous restraining order because he was sentenced to more than one year in prison.
At the very least, Rainey’s jail term of two years appears to suggest that the man once known as “Puck” may have violated some sort of court order while stalking the woman, who TMZ did not identify.
Rainey pleaded “no contest” to the stalking charges in April, and, on Nov. 8, he turned himself in begin serving his time at Wasco State Prison in California.
Rainey was credited with 401 days of time served, TMZ reported. He therefore has about 300 days left to serve in Wasco State Prison.
This isn’t the first time Rainey has been jailed for bad behavior. In 2009, he was sentenced to a year in a Los Angeles County jail after pleading no contest in a domestic-violence case involving his then-girlfriend, according to the Daily Mail. The same year, he was also placed on probation for three years in a case centerd on felony possession of ammunition, the Mail reported.
Puck made history on "MTV Real World: San Francisco" by being one of the first housemates to ever be kicked off the show. His antagonistic and rebellious attitude put him squarely at odds with HIV-positive housemate Pedro Zamora. Allegations were made that Rainey said, “Good riddance,” upon hearing of Zamora’s death from AIDS after the show ended, but Rainey has denied making that statement.
Rainey also nearly came to blows with another housemate, Judd Winick, over a shirt Rainey wore depicting four guns arranged in the shape of a swastika. Winick, who would later go on to write for DC Comics, is Jewish and was highly offended at Rainey’s shirt.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region