Real Madrid vs. Real Betis: Where to Watch Live Stream Online; Preview, Team News and Prediction
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 25, 2012 6:23 AM EST
Real Madrid continue their pursuit of Barcelona at the top of the La Liga table when they travel to Seville and a meeting with Real Betis on Saturday.
Jose Mourinho’s side have won five consecutive league matches after sharing the points in the season’s first Clasico last month. Despite the frustration at not being able to eat into Barcelona’s eight-point lead as they look to retain their La Liga title, Real assistant coach Aitor Karanka has said that the team is only focused on their own results.
“It doesn’t matter what the other teams do,” the Spaniard said, according to the official Real Madrid website. “All our thoughts are about winning all three points and to keep racking them up. The next match is the most important, we must go there to win and not be thinking about what the other teams are doing.”
Los Blancos are coming off little rest having traveled to face Manchester City on Wednesday night and Mourinho may decide to change around the team that emerged with a 1-1 draw after going down to 10 men.
However, his options are limited with Marcelo and Gonzalo Higuain still unavailable. Karanka revealed that Michael Essien has been absent in recent games due an allergic reaction suffered after taking medication.
In Betis, Real Madrid face a side that could well be low on confidence following a humiliating 5-1 defeat to local rivals Sevilla last time out. Pepe Mel’s outfit had been riding high in La Liga up to that point, but a second straight defeat has now see them drop down to sixth place.
Betis’ problems are increased with injuries to defenders Paulao and Mario. Ruben Perez will also be missing after being sent off in last Sunday’s defeat.
Real Betis (probable)
D: Nelson, Amaya, Dorado, Martinez
M: Canas, Benat
Pozuelo, Sevilla, Carlos
Real Madrid (probable)
D: Arbeloa, Ramos, Pepe, Coentrao
M: Khedira, Alonso
Di Maria, Ozil, Ronaldo
Prediction: Real Madrid could take a while to get going after their midweek exertions, but they should eventually have too much for a Betis side reeling from their derby mauling.
Real Betis 1-3 Real Madrid
Where to watch: The La Liga contest kicks-off from the Estadio Manuel Ruiz de Lopera at 4 p.m. ET. Coverage will be provided by beIN Sport. A live stream, which you view at your own discretion, will be available here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Ronda Rousey Puts Up Her Belongings For Auction
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes