$300K Worth Of Gold Dust Found Hidden In Baby Jars By Work Crew During Sacramento Renovation
By IB Times Staff Reporter | November 25, 2012 5:56 AM EST
Some lucky homeowners had the find of a lifetime on their hands when the crew they hired to install new heating and air systems found a stash of gold dust worth around $300,000. The names of the Sacramento homeowners have not been released, but employees of the company they hired, Clark and Rush, spoke to the media about how shocked they were to find the gold dust.
“I still can’t believe it today,” Clark and Rush employee Steve Ottley told CBS News in Sacramento. “It’s unreal. We kind of just looked at each other and said, ‘Wow.’
“I looked at it and I said, ‘I think that’s gold.’”
Ottley said he and his partner were working in an old home when they found twelve baby jars full of the gold dust, and he said that while he’s seen crazy things before, he never came across a find like this. He’s also being praised for not keeping the gold dust for himself.
“I’ve had similar incidents happen to me, where jewelry and gold was taken from me,” he said.
Mark Thyne, also of Clark and Rush, was proud of his fellow employee. Still, he was hesitant to guarantee such good luck for every customer.
“That’s one promise we can’t make, but I can say this: The integrity and professionalism of Clark & Rush, every time we find this type of thing, we are always trustworthy and upfront,” he said.
The homeowners did not want their identities published but UPI reported a HVAC crew, also working for Clark and Rush, found an estimated $25,000 worth of gold coins in an old home during a job in the 1980s.
This story comes after the September news that a woman in California would be cashing in on a find in her cousin’s home. When Walter Samasko Jr. died and police entered his home, they discovered $7 million worth of gold coins in his home, according to ABC News. Samasko was a hoarder with only $200 in his bank account when he died.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage