Samsung Debuts Galaxy Camera in India
By Rohit KVN | November 24, 2012 11:16 PM EST
"This camera marks a generational shift. Users can share their images or videos instantly through their social networking sites. Posting high definition images which look like the work of a professional on Facebook and Twitter can now become a smooth operation," said Samsung India, mobile-sales head, Asim Warsi at a press conference in New Delhi.
The Samsung Galaxy camera is the first camera in India to come with the latest Android 4.1(Jelly Bean OS) along with 3G support. Earlier in the year, Nikon released a similar kind of smartcamera, COOLPIX S800c but it had Android 2.3 (Ginger Bread OS) with only Wi-Fi support. It is priced Rs. 20,950.
The Samsung Galaxy camera key specifications are:
- The smartcamera is equipped with 17-megapixel lens with 21x Optical as well as Digital Zoom.
- The camera comes with 4.8-inch HD Super Clear LCD Display with 1280x720 (HD) resolution.
- Galaxy camera has high speed 1.4GHz Quad-core processor which runs Android 4.1 OS (Jelly Bean).
- The camera provided with a SIM slot for 3G (GSM) connectivity, along with Wi-Fi (4.0 version) supports faster file transfer.
- The camera comes with an extra Micro SD slot to extend the memory, 8GB Micro SD comes free along with the package .
- The camera can run up to 280 hours (with 3G on); the battery has a capacity of 1,650mAh.
- The camera weighs just 300g and has dimensions of 70,8x128.7x19.1 mm.
- With Android OS, users can run thousands of apps on it, the only thing the camera can't do is voice calling.
The camera's 3G support is only available at certain select telecom circles in India.
The Galaxy Camera was globally unveiled this year at the annual electronic exhibition, IFA (Internationale Funkausstellung Berlin) 2012 in Germany.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales