Samsung Debuts Galaxy Camera in India
By Rohit KVN | November 24, 2012 11:16 PM EST
"This camera marks a generational shift. Users can share their images or videos instantly through their social networking sites. Posting high definition images which look like the work of a professional on Facebook and Twitter can now become a smooth operation," said Samsung India, mobile-sales head, Asim Warsi at a press conference in New Delhi.
The Samsung Galaxy camera is the first camera in India to come with the latest Android 4.1(Jelly Bean OS) along with 3G support. Earlier in the year, Nikon released a similar kind of smartcamera, COOLPIX S800c but it had Android 2.3 (Ginger Bread OS) with only Wi-Fi support. It is priced Rs. 20,950.
The Samsung Galaxy camera key specifications are:
- The smartcamera is equipped with 17-megapixel lens with 21x Optical as well as Digital Zoom.
- The camera comes with 4.8-inch HD Super Clear LCD Display with 1280x720 (HD) resolution.
- Galaxy camera has high speed 1.4GHz Quad-core processor which runs Android 4.1 OS (Jelly Bean).
- The camera provided with a SIM slot for 3G (GSM) connectivity, along with Wi-Fi (4.0 version) supports faster file transfer.
- The camera comes with an extra Micro SD slot to extend the memory, 8GB Micro SD comes free along with the package .
- The camera can run up to 280 hours (with 3G on); the battery has a capacity of 1,650mAh.
- The camera weighs just 300g and has dimensions of 70,8x128.7x19.1 mm.
- With Android OS, users can run thousands of apps on it, the only thing the camera can't do is voice calling.
The camera's 3G support is only available at certain select telecom circles in India.
The Galaxy Camera was globally unveiled this year at the annual electronic exhibition, IFA (Internationale Funkausstellung Berlin) 2012 in Germany.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1