Samsung Debuts Galaxy Camera in India
By Rohit KVN | November 24, 2012 11:16 PM EST
"This camera marks a generational shift. Users can share their images or videos instantly through their social networking sites. Posting high definition images which look like the work of a professional on Facebook and Twitter can now become a smooth operation," said Samsung India, mobile-sales head, Asim Warsi at a press conference in New Delhi.
The Samsung Galaxy camera is the first camera in India to come with the latest Android 4.1(Jelly Bean OS) along with 3G support. Earlier in the year, Nikon released a similar kind of smartcamera, COOLPIX S800c but it had Android 2.3 (Ginger Bread OS) with only Wi-Fi support. It is priced Rs. 20,950.
The Samsung Galaxy camera key specifications are:
- The smartcamera is equipped with 17-megapixel lens with 21x Optical as well as Digital Zoom.
- The camera comes with 4.8-inch HD Super Clear LCD Display with 1280x720 (HD) resolution.
- Galaxy camera has high speed 1.4GHz Quad-core processor which runs Android 4.1 OS (Jelly Bean).
- The camera provided with a SIM slot for 3G (GSM) connectivity, along with Wi-Fi (4.0 version) supports faster file transfer.
- The camera comes with an extra Micro SD slot to extend the memory, 8GB Micro SD comes free along with the package .
- The camera can run up to 280 hours (with 3G on); the battery has a capacity of 1,650mAh.
- The camera weighs just 300g and has dimensions of 70,8x128.7x19.1 mm.
- With Android OS, users can run thousands of apps on it, the only thing the camera can't do is voice calling.
The camera's 3G support is only available at certain select telecom circles in India.
The Galaxy Camera was globally unveiled this year at the annual electronic exhibition, IFA (Internationale Funkausstellung Berlin) 2012 in Germany.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS