Samsung Debuts Galaxy Camera in India
By Rohit KVN | November 24, 2012 11:16 PM EST
"This camera marks a generational shift. Users can share their images or videos instantly through their social networking sites. Posting high definition images which look like the work of a professional on Facebook and Twitter can now become a smooth operation," said Samsung India, mobile-sales head, Asim Warsi at a press conference in New Delhi.
The Samsung Galaxy camera is the first camera in India to come with the latest Android 4.1(Jelly Bean OS) along with 3G support. Earlier in the year, Nikon released a similar kind of smartcamera, COOLPIX S800c but it had Android 2.3 (Ginger Bread OS) with only Wi-Fi support. It is priced Rs. 20,950.
The Samsung Galaxy camera key specifications are:
- The smartcamera is equipped with 17-megapixel lens with 21x Optical as well as Digital Zoom.
- The camera comes with 4.8-inch HD Super Clear LCD Display with 1280x720 (HD) resolution.
- Galaxy camera has high speed 1.4GHz Quad-core processor which runs Android 4.1 OS (Jelly Bean).
- The camera provided with a SIM slot for 3G (GSM) connectivity, along with Wi-Fi (4.0 version) supports faster file transfer.
- The camera comes with an extra Micro SD slot to extend the memory, 8GB Micro SD comes free along with the package .
- The camera can run up to 280 hours (with 3G on); the battery has a capacity of 1,650mAh.
- The camera weighs just 300g and has dimensions of 70,8x128.7x19.1 mm.
- With Android OS, users can run thousands of apps on it, the only thing the camera can't do is voice calling.
The camera's 3G support is only available at certain select telecom circles in India.
The Galaxy Camera was globally unveiled this year at the annual electronic exhibition, IFA (Internationale Funkausstellung Berlin) 2012 in Germany.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools