Actor Pran Recuperating, Likely to be Discharged Saturday
By IB Times Staff Reporter | November 24, 2012 11:13 PM EST
Veteran actor Pran, who was admitted to Lilavati Hospital in Mumbai last week, is recuperating and might get discharged on Saturday.
Last week, the 92-year-old actor was hospitalised following respiratory problems. Pran, who is Bollywood's one of the most popular villains, is doing fine now and might be discharged from the hospital Saturday, according to the Times of India.
"He's better now and will be discharged soon. We'll need to take care of him after he comes home,'' the TOI quoted his wife Shukla as saying.
Pran, known as "Villain of the Millennium," complained of weakness and visited hospital for regular checkups. Doctors later diagnosed him with pneumonia and advised him to stay back for a better medical supervision.
Earlier, his daughter told media that the actor was recovering and expected him to get discharged by Wednesday evening. "Dad is fine. He is not even in the ICU. He is comfortable and stable in his room. On Thursday, he was coughing a lot so we brought him to the hospital for an examination. Ï think we should be going home by Wednesday evening," Pran's daughter Pinky Bhalla told the Mumbai Mirror.
On Friday, there were rumours that the actor's health had been deteriorating since Thursday.
Born in Old Delhi, Pran began his acting career in the Hindi film industry in 1940. In his career spanning over six decades, Pran has worked in more than 350 films.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation