Actor Pran Recuperating, Likely to be Discharged Saturday
By IB Times Staff Reporter | November 24, 2012 11:13 PM EST
Veteran actor Pran, who was admitted to Lilavati Hospital in Mumbai last week, is recuperating and might get discharged on Saturday.
Last week, the 92-year-old actor was hospitalised following respiratory problems. Pran, who is Bollywood's one of the most popular villains, is doing fine now and might be discharged from the hospital Saturday, according to the Times of India.
"He's better now and will be discharged soon. We'll need to take care of him after he comes home,'' the TOI quoted his wife Shukla as saying.
Pran, known as "Villain of the Millennium," complained of weakness and visited hospital for regular checkups. Doctors later diagnosed him with pneumonia and advised him to stay back for a better medical supervision.
Earlier, his daughter told media that the actor was recovering and expected him to get discharged by Wednesday evening. "Dad is fine. He is not even in the ICU. He is comfortable and stable in his room. On Thursday, he was coughing a lot so we brought him to the hospital for an examination. Ï think we should be going home by Wednesday evening," Pran's daughter Pinky Bhalla told the Mumbai Mirror.
On Friday, there were rumours that the actor's health had been deteriorating since Thursday.
Born in Old Delhi, Pran began his acting career in the Hindi film industry in 1940. In his career spanning over six decades, Pran has worked in more than 350 films.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family