Actor Pran Recuperating, Likely to be Discharged Saturday
By IB Times Staff Reporter | November 24, 2012 11:13 PM EST
Veteran actor Pran, who was admitted to Lilavati Hospital in Mumbai last week, is recuperating and might get discharged on Saturday.
Last week, the 92-year-old actor was hospitalised following respiratory problems. Pran, who is Bollywood's one of the most popular villains, is doing fine now and might be discharged from the hospital Saturday, according to the Times of India.
"He's better now and will be discharged soon. We'll need to take care of him after he comes home,'' the TOI quoted his wife Shukla as saying.
Pran, known as "Villain of the Millennium," complained of weakness and visited hospital for regular checkups. Doctors later diagnosed him with pneumonia and advised him to stay back for a better medical supervision.
Earlier, his daughter told media that the actor was recovering and expected him to get discharged by Wednesday evening. "Dad is fine. He is not even in the ICU. He is comfortable and stable in his room. On Thursday, he was coughing a lot so we brought him to the hospital for an examination. Ï think we should be going home by Wednesday evening," Pran's daughter Pinky Bhalla told the Mumbai Mirror.
On Friday, there were rumours that the actor's health had been deteriorating since Thursday.
Born in Old Delhi, Pran began his acting career in the Hindi film industry in 1940. In his career spanning over six decades, Pran has worked in more than 350 films.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues