Actor Pran Recuperating, Likely to be Discharged Saturday
By IB Times Staff Reporter | November 24, 2012 11:13 PM EST
Veteran actor Pran, who was admitted to Lilavati Hospital in Mumbai last week, is recuperating and might get discharged on Saturday.
Last week, the 92-year-old actor was hospitalised following respiratory problems. Pran, who is Bollywood's one of the most popular villains, is doing fine now and might be discharged from the hospital Saturday, according to the Times of India.
"He's better now and will be discharged soon. We'll need to take care of him after he comes home,'' the TOI quoted his wife Shukla as saying.
Pran, known as "Villain of the Millennium," complained of weakness and visited hospital for regular checkups. Doctors later diagnosed him with pneumonia and advised him to stay back for a better medical supervision.
Earlier, his daughter told media that the actor was recovering and expected him to get discharged by Wednesday evening. "Dad is fine. He is not even in the ICU. He is comfortable and stable in his room. On Thursday, he was coughing a lot so we brought him to the hospital for an examination. Ï think we should be going home by Wednesday evening," Pran's daughter Pinky Bhalla told the Mumbai Mirror.
On Friday, there were rumours that the actor's health had been deteriorating since Thursday.
Born in Old Delhi, Pran began his acting career in the Hindi film industry in 1940. In his career spanning over six decades, Pran has worked in more than 350 films.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones