Actor Pran Recuperating, Likely to be Discharged Saturday
By IB Times Staff Reporter | November 24, 2012 11:13 PM EST
Veteran actor Pran, who was admitted to Lilavati Hospital in Mumbai last week, is recuperating and might get discharged on Saturday.
Last week, the 92-year-old actor was hospitalised following respiratory problems. Pran, who is Bollywood's one of the most popular villains, is doing fine now and might be discharged from the hospital Saturday, according to the Times of India.
"He's better now and will be discharged soon. We'll need to take care of him after he comes home,'' the TOI quoted his wife Shukla as saying.
Pran, known as "Villain of the Millennium," complained of weakness and visited hospital for regular checkups. Doctors later diagnosed him with pneumonia and advised him to stay back for a better medical supervision.
Earlier, his daughter told media that the actor was recovering and expected him to get discharged by Wednesday evening. "Dad is fine. He is not even in the ICU. He is comfortable and stable in his room. On Thursday, he was coughing a lot so we brought him to the hospital for an examination. Ï think we should be going home by Wednesday evening," Pran's daughter Pinky Bhalla told the Mumbai Mirror.
On Friday, there were rumours that the actor's health had been deteriorating since Thursday.
Born in Old Delhi, Pran began his acting career in the Hindi film industry in 1940. In his career spanning over six decades, Pran has worked in more than 350 films.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Oct. 20-24, 2014, Plus Additional Spoilers For Oct. 27, 2014: Nina Makes Public Rosalie’s Secret
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks