'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' Box Office Collection: Shahrukh Khan-Starrer Crosses Rs 100-Crore Mark at Domestic BO
By Ankita Mehta | November 24, 2012 10:06 PM EST
Shahrukh Khan-starrer "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" has finally crossed the Rs 100-crore mark at the domestic box office after 11 days of screening.
Late filmmaker Yash Chopra's last movie "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" was released on Diwali in 2500+ screens across the country and 600+ screens in overseas market.
The movie on its second Friday collected Rs 2.75 crore, taking the overall domestic box office collection total to Rs 101.16 crore. This is second Yash production film this year that has crossed the Rs 100-crore mark at the box office.
Earlier, Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif-starrer "Ek Tha Tiger" entered the Rs 100-crore club in just 6 days of its release.
"#JTHJ [2nd Week] Fri 2.75 cr. Total: 101.16 cr nett. CROSSES 100 cr MARK IN INDIA," popular trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted.
"JTHJ," also featuring Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma in the lead roles, is performing well at multiplexes as compared to single screens.
The movie made with a budget of Rs 50 crore has collected Rs 100 crore from Indian markets and around Rs 51.74 crore from the international market.
According to reports, Yash Raj will make a minimum profit of Rs 80 crore from the film which includes revenue from theatrical, overseas, satellite, music and home video.
"Yash Raj will make a minimum profit of 80 crores + from #JTHJ. Includes revenue from theatrical + Overseas + Satellite, Music, Home Video," Adarsh tweeted.
"Jab Tak Hai Jaan," produced by Aditya under Yash Raj Films banner, had been touted to be the biggest blockbuster release of this year. However, it failed to be so. It marked the comeback of legendary filmmaker Yash Chopra to direction after a gap of eight years.
The movie has also brought Shahrukh and Yash Chopra together after eight years.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales