'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' Box Office Collection: Shahrukh Khan-Starrer Crosses Rs 100-Crore Mark at Domestic BO
By Ankita Mehta | November 24, 2012 10:06 PM EST
Shahrukh Khan-starrer "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" has finally crossed the Rs 100-crore mark at the domestic box office after 11 days of screening.
Late filmmaker Yash Chopra's last movie "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" was released on Diwali in 2500+ screens across the country and 600+ screens in overseas market.
The movie on its second Friday collected Rs 2.75 crore, taking the overall domestic box office collection total to Rs 101.16 crore. This is second Yash production film this year that has crossed the Rs 100-crore mark at the box office.
Earlier, Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif-starrer "Ek Tha Tiger" entered the Rs 100-crore club in just 6 days of its release.
"#JTHJ [2nd Week] Fri 2.75 cr. Total: 101.16 cr nett. CROSSES 100 cr MARK IN INDIA," popular trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted.
"JTHJ," also featuring Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma in the lead roles, is performing well at multiplexes as compared to single screens.
The movie made with a budget of Rs 50 crore has collected Rs 100 crore from Indian markets and around Rs 51.74 crore from the international market.
According to reports, Yash Raj will make a minimum profit of Rs 80 crore from the film which includes revenue from theatrical, overseas, satellite, music and home video.
"Yash Raj will make a minimum profit of 80 crores + from #JTHJ. Includes revenue from theatrical + Overseas + Satellite, Music, Home Video," Adarsh tweeted.
"Jab Tak Hai Jaan," produced by Aditya under Yash Raj Films banner, had been touted to be the biggest blockbuster release of this year. However, it failed to be so. It marked the comeback of legendary filmmaker Yash Chopra to direction after a gap of eight years.
The movie has also brought Shahrukh and Yash Chopra together after eight years.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery