Beyoncé Knowles Shares Photos of Blue Ivy and Jay-Z at Thanksgiving
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 24, 2012 9:08 PM EST
Grammy Award-winning singer Beyoncé Knowles-Carter and rapper husband Jay-Z are generally careful not to reveal details of their private lives; particularly since they are now parents to Blue Ivy. However, the world-famous couple has begun to change in recent weeks, with the 31-year-old Crazy in Love singer sharing photographs of her daughter (her face remains hidden though) on her official website.
The post also included a Thanksgiving message: "From my family to yours. Wishing you a happy and healthy Thanksgiving. Beyoncé."
One photograph shows Beyoncé wearing blond and black cornrows and kissing Blue Ivy's forehead. In a second photograph, in black and white, Blue Ivy is carried by her father as the two walk through a tree-covered avenue.
Beyoncé has made family photographs public before - a vacation album from her birthday celebrations in the south of France, for example. However, this is the first time Blue Ivy has featured so prominently in her releases.
Blue Ivy was born on 7 January, at the Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City. Her mother has revealed the inspiration for her name came from a poem by Rebecca Solnit and the little girl is already a global citizen - she is a honourary resident of the Croatian island of Hvar, where a then-pregnant Beyoncé was captivated by the unusual colour of a tree's bark.
Finally, Blue Ivy is already a celebrity in her own right and that worries her parents. Her father earlier told American talk show host Oprah Winfrey that he was afraid his daughter would become the "worst, most spoiled little kid ever".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports