Manchester United v QPR: Where to Watch, Preview and Teams
By Vishnuprasad S | November 24, 2012 7:29 PM EST
Manchester United welcome managerless QPR to Old Trafford just 24 hours after former Red Devil Mark Hughes was shown the door at Loftus Road.
Where to Watch (all times GMT)
Kick-off is set for 3pm. MUTV will show build-up to the match from 2pm. Watch highlights of the game on Match of the Day on BBC One and BBC One HD at 10.30 pm.
Old Trafford hosted the unveiling of a bronze statue of Sir Alex Ferguson on Friday, to mark the Scot's 26 years at the club, while Hughes' QPR reign came to an unceremonious end at Loftus Road. Rumours suggest Rangers owner Tony Fernandes has already appointed Harry Redknapp as a replacement but caretakers Mark Bowen and Eddie Niedzwiecki will take charge against United.
Hughes's fate had been a subject of speculation for weeks: QPR, who spent heavily in the summer to bring in talents such as Julio Cesar and Esteban Granero, have taken just four points from their opening 12 games, which is the joint-worst start to a season in Premier League history. The west Londoners are at the bottom of the table, four points behind fellow strugglers Southampton, who beat them 1-3 at Loftus Road last week.
United, on the other hand, have had a good start to the season, winning nine out of 12 league games. They also sealed top spot in Group H of the Champions League earlier this month, with two matches to spare. However, Ferguson's side suffered a shock 0-1 defeat at Norwich City last week and surrendered top spot to local rivals and current English champions Manchester City. The Red Devils also lost 0-1 to Galatasaray in midweek, after the Scot gave some of his key players a breather. United rarely fall to successive defeats and will be looking to bounce back with a big win against the crisis-hit west London club.
- Last five (all competitions, most recent first): L L W W W
- Last result: Galatasaray 1 - 0 Manchester United
- Last five (all competitions, most recent first): L L D L D
- Last result: QPR 1 - 3 Southampton
Manchester United: Nemanja Vidic, Shinji Kagawa (both knee) and Nani (hamstring) remain sidelined for the Red Devils. However, Wayne Rooney has recovered from tonsillitis, which prevented him travelling to Istanbul in midweek, and will be involved from the start, while Chris Smalling (shoulder), David de Gea (tooth) and Johnny Evans (groin) have also returned, though the latter is unlikely to feature in this tie.
Probable Line-up (4-4-1-1): de Gea; Rafael, Ferdinand, Smalling, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Scholes, Young; Rooney; van Persie
QPR: The London outfit suffered a heavy blow when it was revealed Bobby Zamora needed surgery on a hip injury and will likely be sidelined for around three months, while fellow striker Andy Johnson (knee) remains a long-term absentee. Captain and former United midfielder Ji-Sung Park also has a knee problem and is a major doubt, while on loan wing-back Fabio da Silva is ineligible to face his parent club. However, centre-back Stephane Mbia is available after serving a three-match ban for his red card against Arsenal last month.
Probable Line-up (4-2-3-1): Julio Cesar; Bosingwa, Mbia, Nelsen, Traore; Diakite, Faurlin; Granero, Taarabt, Hoilett; Cisse
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet