Galaxy Nexus I9250 Gets Android 4.2 JOP40C Rooted Jelly Bean ROM [How to Install]
By Vinod Yalburgi | November 24, 2012 4:24 PM EST
Just a few days ago, the Galaxy Nexus I9250 received the official Android 4.2 JOP40C firmware update, along with the manual rooting procedure. Users who missed it can now download and install the custom ROM that is pre-rooted on Android 4.2 official software update.
Android 4.2 JOP40C Jelly Bean ROM and the instructions given in this guide are compatible with the Galaxy Nexus I9250 model only and will not work with any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
Disclaimer: The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purposes only. IBTimes UK will not be held responsible if you damage your device in the process of installing the Android 4.2 JOP40C firmware update. You are advised to proceed at your own risk.
- Verify that the correct USB drivers are installed on your Galaxy Nexus device to enable connectivity with the computer (download USB drivers from here)
- Enable USB debugging mode (to do so, navigate to Settings > Developer options and check the USB debugging option)
- Make sure that your phone battery has at least 85 percent charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while flashing the Android 4.2 JOP40C firmware update.
- Users are advised to back up apps, important personal data and settings to avoid risk of data loss while installing the latest Jelly Bean update.
- Ensure that your phone is factory unlocked and rooted with ClockworkMod Recovery preinstalled on it.
How to Install Android 4.2 JOP40C Rooted Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy Nexus I9250
Step 1 - Download Android 4.2 JOP40C Rooted Jelly Bean ROM for Galaxy Nexus on your computer.
Step 2 - Connect and mount your Galaxy Nexus USB mass storage on your computer using the original USB cable.
Step 3 - Copy the Android 4.2 ROM zip file to the root folder on your phone's SD card.
Step 4 - Switch off your phone. Now, press and hold Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons together until the device boots into Bootloader Mode.
Step 5 - Follow the onscreen navigational instructions. Choose Bootloader option and then enter CWM Recovery.
Step 7 - In CWM Recovery, wipe data first. Then navigate to Flash Zip from SD Card option and hit Power button to select it.
Step 8 - Tap Power button again and click Choose Zip from SD Card.
Step 9 - Use Volume keys to navigate to Android 4.2 ROM zip file and select it by tapping Power button. Confirm the ROM installation on next screen and the installation procedure should begin.
Step 10 - Once the ROM is installed, hit Go Back and choose Reboot System Now from the Recovery Menu. The phone will reboot now and the first boot may take about 5 minutes to complete. Until then leave it alone.
Android 4.2 JOP40C Rooted Jelly Bean ROM is now successfully installed on your phone. Go to Settings > About phone to verify the firmware version installed.
[Source: Team Android]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Best Black Friday 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More