Sierra Leone president Koroma re-elected - electoral commission
November 24, 2012 6:14 AM EST
Sierra Leone President Ernest Bai Koroma won re-election in November 17 polls with 58.7 percent of the vote, ahead of his top rival Julius Maada Bio on 37.4 percent, the West African state's electoral body announced on Friday.
Koroma has overseen an investment boom in the country's resources sector that could make it one of the world's fastest growing economies this year.
(Writing by Richard Valdmanis; Editing by Kevin Liffey)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Finally, OnePlus One Can Be Purchased Without An Invite; Pre-Order Starts From October