Tech shares lead Wall Street rally, S&P retakes 1,400
November 24, 2012 5:28 AM EST
Stocks rose for a fifth straight day during a holiday-shortened, thin trading session on Friday, as investors picked up recently beaten down shares of large technology companies.
The Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> rose 172.79 points, or 1.35 percent, to 13,009.68. The S&P 500 Index <.SPX> added 18.12 points, or 1.30 percent, to 1,409.15. The Nasdaq Composite Index <.IXIC> gained 40.30 points, or 1.38 percent, to 2,966.85.
For the week, the Dow gained 3.3 percent, the S&P added 3.6 percent and the Nasdaq rose 4 percent.
The S&P 500 closed above 1,400 and the Dow above 13,000 for the first time since November 6.
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports